• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root CM 7 RC3 Trouble

i dont know if i did it right or not but i have rom manager premium and seen that there is a new cm 7 rc(3) so i checked rom manager and they didnt have it so i navgated to cyanogenmod homepage downloaded it from there and went back to rom manager install from sd card and now i cannot access my recovery at all it reboots then goes back to the HBoot page if someone knows how to fix this please let me know cause i wanna backup my mod dont want to lose anything

Oh yea i didnt clear cache i went to backup rom when i went to instal from sd card if that helps

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Thanks I will do this after I get home from work

As a suggestion, I would get rid of Rom Manager and do everything through recovery manually. I would also recommend switching to Amon RA 2.3 instead of Clockwork. You could actually do that instead of downloading CWM 2.6.0.1. Amon is more stable and does a better job of wiping. Rom manager has been known to be buggy and it looks like you found out the hard way this time. The only thing with switching is that all of your previous backups in CWM would not be usable in Amon. You would have to make some new ones. You could save the CWM ones and flash back if needed for some reason.

Upvote 0
As a suggestion, I would get rid of Rom Manager and do everything through recovery manually. I would also recommend switching to Amon RA 2.3 instead of Clockwork. You could actually do that instead of downloading CWM 2.6.0.1. Amon is more stable and does a better job of wiping. Rom manager has been known to be buggy and it looks like you found out the hard way this time. The only thing with switching is that all of your previous backups in CWM would not be usable in Amon. You would have to make some new ones. You could save the CWM ones and flash back if needed for some reason.

I read that there were some problems with 2.3 amon_ra. Any thoughts on that?

Upvote 0
I read that there were some problems with 2.3 amon_ra. Any thoughts on that?

My Amon RA 2.3 would NOT make a nandroid so I went back to clockwork. I have never had a problem with clockwork and have flashed many rooms from sense to asop and never had a issue.

I always make it a habit to clear everything twice. Just a suggestion.

Reactions: WhiteNoise
Upvote 0
My Amon RA 2.3 would NOT make a nandroid so I went back to clockwork. I have never had a problem with clockwork and have flashed many rooms from sense to asop and never had a issue.

I always make it a habit to clear everything twice. Just a suggestion.

I have never heard of that being an issue. Is it possible you had a broken recovery and it needed to be reflashed to fix it? I have seen broken recoveries with both Amon and CWM.

Upvote 0
I have never heard of that being an issue. Is it possible you had a broken recovery and it needed to be reflashed to fix it? I have seen broken recoveries with both Amon and CWM.

I found NY answer without trying your method I forgot to mention I recently upgraded my flash recovery and what I did was went to Rom manager and flashed it over and it fixed everything. on rc3 now

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones