• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root cm11 lucid2 l1v vs870 wip port log/thread

lgrootnoob

Oct 14, 2012
tx
No, this isnt a completed build.(nor even an alpha yet) But a thread dedicated to getting cm11 working. I have attached the device config cause i dont care to upload to github yet.
Here is the current build log: cm11 lucid2 l1v vs870 wip log - Pastebin.com
I need help solving these errors. ^ please link me anything you can to solve the errors in that pastebin. :)

Here is the device config. Modify it however and then link me to your modified one. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0J5C6YxKg67a3V1dWFVUWZTLTg/edit?usp=sharing

Here is the info i use to create everything: Cm11 device repo for spirit4g(our brother phone) https://github.com/playfulgod/android_device_lge_l1m
Partition/boot img info and tools: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0J5C6YxKg67SHpCM2VQSXBBeU0/edit?usp=sharing
Cm port guide: I just started yesterday, im following this guide How To Port CyanogenMod Android To Your Own Device - CyanogenMod

First im building cwm and im gonna loki it and get it working. then move to the kernel or cm11. whichever comes first. but we will have a good device tree at that point :)

Notes: ive never even built cwm before in my life. Even less on a non existent device tree. :p
I was originally compiling fully aosp jellybean to start with. but ive since given up on that. i think i had one build that even managed to show the bootscreen... and i got tired of restoring using our convoluted 2nd init cwm. so now im gonna get cwm working properly before any builds.
And for lols, here is the infamous bootlooping aosp build https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0J5C6YxKg67NXg3M1kzVUphajQ/edit?usp=sharing
Also note im fully open to any advice, questions, or requests for anything related to this device. or android in general.

Credits: playfulgod, Jesus, achilles, djrbliss, the whole cm team. etc.
And dont forget the lovely rbheromax!

First things first, have to solve the issue with the prebuilt kernel complaints.
How do i modify the makefiles to accept prebuilt kernel without complaining about a need for source? Ive done the mkvendor already as you can see in the info.zip/info/textfile
"make: *** No rule to make target `/home/jacob/Desktop/cyan/out/target/product/l1v/obj/KERNEL_OBJ/usr', needed by `/home/jacob/Desktop/cyan/out/target/product/l1v/obj/STATIC_LIBRARIES/libminui_intermediates/events.o'. Stop.
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs...."

I think im going to specify "TARGET_KERNEL_SOURCE"
See: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Doc:_...ying_the_kernel_source_at_the_proper_location

Reactions: treedaynotice
Upvote 0
I don't know enough about building roms to be able to help but will be happy to test any time!
Thanks for even trying to do this ! Am excited to see what you can come up with!

That is perfectly alright with me. As long as i have a crowd here i will continue to build. And once i make a device tree this device can have all kinds of roms.
Expect a test of cwm in the next couple days.

Upvote 0
Reactions: rbheromax
Upvote 0
Also, credits to @Gametheory for downloading lg's kernel source and making slight changes then reuploading it as his kernel.
i wouldnt even be able to build like i do if we didnt have him in our community.
Do you even sleep dude? Like honestly. Your always there helping us. Your pretty much the only good dev we have around here. The rest of us noobs and we _really_ rely on you. Do you have a paypal or something? i want to donate

Upvote 0
New error on my good system. In file included from ../../../../../../device/lge/l1v/kernel/include/linux/byteorder/little_endian.h:12:0,
from ../../../../../../device/lge/l1v/kernel/arch/arm/include/asm/byteorder.h:21,
from ../../../../../../device/lge/l1v/kernel/include/asm-generic/bitops/le.h:5,
from ../../../../../../device/lge/l1v/kernel/arch/arm/include/asm/bitops.h:308,
from ../../../../../../device/lge/l1v/kernel/include/linux/bitops.h:22,
from ../../../../../../device/lge/l1v/kernel/include/linux/kernel.h:19,
from ../../../../../../device/lge/l1v/kernel/include/linux/cache.h:4,
from ../../../../../../device/lge/l1v/kernel/include/linux/time.h:7,
from ../../../../../../device/lge/l1v/kernel/include/linux/stat.h:60,
from ../../../../../../device/lge/l1v/kernel/include/linux/module.h:10,
from ../../../../../../device/lge/l1v/kernel/net/netfilter/xt_socket.c:13:
../../../../../../device/lge/l1v/kernel/net/netfilter/xt_socket.c: In function 'xt_socket_get6_sk':
../../../../../../device/lge/l1v/kernel/include/linux/swab.h:49:31: warning: 'sport' may be used uninitialized in this function [-Wmaybe-uninitialized]
error, forbidden warning: swab.h:49
make[4]: *** [net/netfilter/xt_socket.o] Error 1
make[4]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

net error - Pastebin.com < full log for net error.
Please look up this error and find fixes for me.

And then my next problem i found already posted by someone else: http://androidforums.com/lg-optimus...uild-problems-gametheory-optimus-f7-fx1s.html

Upvote 0
Reactions: achilles1643
Upvote 0
I've never had or seen that error before. That guy must not have his build environment setup properly.

Anyways, my source is to build the kernel for JB not not KitKat(CM11) so you're gonna have to build a kernel from scratch unless you can use the KK kernel source from another similar device as a base.

I know the source is for jb. But the question is. Is the kernel source you used standard or have extreme modifications by lg.
Btw, the source itself compiles fine gives the binary (building with lg's instructions from the kernel source root itself). But when built with cyan's integrated system. It brings those errors and doesnt produce a zimage.
And i cant make the integrated system use the prebuilt without failing. Not sure why. but it even mentioned that using prebuilt kernel is deprecated and that it reverted my prebuilt declaration
I dont think playfulgod's l1m cm11 device tree actaully works yet. but i can try.

Upvote 0
Current errors, ../../../../../../device/lge/l1v/kernel/fs/ecryptfs/keystore.c: In function 'ecryptfs_parse_packet_set':
../../../../../../device/lge/l1v/kernel/fs/ecryptfs/keystore.c:1168:28: warning: 'payload_len' may be used uninitialized in this function [-Wmaybe-uninitialized]
error, forbidden warning: keystore.c:1168
make[4]: *** [fs/ecryptfs/keystore.o] Error 1
make[3]: *** [fs/ecryptfs] Error 2
make[2]: *** [fs] Error 2
make[2]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
CC crypto/aead.o
CC block/blk-sysfs.o
CC crypto/chainiv.o
CC mm/migrate.o
CC crypto/eseqiv.o
LD kernel/irq/built-in.o
-------------------
And then
host C++: libLLVMInstCombine <= external/llvm/lib/Transforms/InstCombine/InstCombineCalls.cpp
host C++: libLLVMInstCombine <= external/llvm/lib/Transforms/InstCombine/InstCombineCasts.cpp
make[1]: *** [sub-make] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/jacob/Desktop/cyan/device/lge/l1v/kernel'
make: *** [TARGET_KERNEL_BINARIES] Error 2
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
build error!
root@jacob-System-Product-Name:/home/jacob/Desktop/cyan#
-------------
^ I think the last one is a result of me not setting a variable somewhere.
Or it has to do witht he encryptfs error.
Will disable encryptfs and then try again.

Upvote 0
Disabled cryptsfs, changed to all O3 flags in kernel.
Current error CC arch/arm/mach-msm/qdsp6v2/ultrasound/q6usm.o
../../../../../../device/lge/l1v/kernel/kernel/sysctl.c: In function '__do_proc_doulongvec_minmax':
../../../../../../device/lge/l1v/kernel/kernel/sysctl.c:1680:12: warning: 'kbuf' may be used uninitialized in this function [-Wmaybe-uninitialized]
error, forbidden warning: sysctl.c:1680
make[3]: *** [kernel/sysctl.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** [kernel] Error 2
make[2]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
Which i believe is still causing the TARGET_KERNEL_BINARIES error.

Upvote 0
This is becoming extremely ridiculous.
How do i specify to use the 4.4.3 toolchain properly?
Cause i keep getting different errors on recompiling.
../../../../../../device/lge/l1v/kernel/fs/fs-writeback.c: In function 'bdi_writeback_thread':
../../../../../../device/lge/l1v/kernel/fs/fs-writeback.c:990:1: internal compiler error: in push_minipool_fix, at config/arm/arm.c:13055
Please submit a full bug report,
with preprocessed source if appropriate.
See <http://source.android.com/source/report-bugs.html> for instructions.
make[3]: *** [fs/fs-writeback.o] Error 1
make[3]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
CC arch/arm/mach-msm/subsystem_notif.o
../../../../../../device/lge/l1v/kernel/fs/namespace.c: In function 'sys_mount':
../../../../../../device/lge/l1v/kernel/fs/namespace.c:2392:7: warning: 'kernel_dev' may be used uninitialized in this function [-Wmaybe-uninitialized]
error, forbidden warning: namespace.c:2392
make[3]: *** [fs/namespace.o] Error 1

CC arch/arm/mach-msm/subsystem_restart.o
host C++: libLLVMMipsAsmPrinter <= external/llvm/lib/Target/Mips/InstPrinter/MipsInstPrinter.cpp
CC mm/vmalloc.o
CC mm/pagewalk.o
CC arch/arm/mach-msm/qdsp6v2/audio_mp3.o
CC arch/arm/mach-msm/ramdump.o
CC arch/arm/mach-msm/qdsp6v2/audio_amrnb.o
host C++: libLLVMMipsDesc <= external/llvm/lib/Target/Mips/MCTargetDesc/MipsAsmBackend.cpp
CC arch/arm/mach-msm/sysmon.o
CC mm/pgtable-generic.o
CC mm/process_vm_access.o
CC arch/arm/mach-msm/modem-8960.o
host C++: libLLVMMipsDesc <= external/llvm/lib/Target/Mips/MCTargetDesc/MipsELFObjectWriter.cpp
CC arch/arm/mach-msm/qdsp6v2/audio_amrwb.o
CC arch/arm/mach-msm/lpass-8960.o
CC arch/arm/mach-msm/cpuidle.o
host C++: libLLVMMipsDesc <= external/llvm/lib/Target/Mips/MCTargetDesc/MipsELFStreamer.cpp
CC mm/init-mm.o
CC mm/bootmem.o
CC arch/arm/mach-msm/msm_watchdog.o
host C++: libLLVMMipsDesc <= external/llvm/lib/Target/Mips/MCTargetDesc/MipsMCAsmInfo.cpp
CC mm/memblock.o
host C++: libLLVMMipsDesc <= external/llvm/lib/Target/Mips/MCTargetDesc/MipsMCCodeEmitter.cpp
AS arch/arm/mach-msm/msm_watchdog_asm.o
CC arch/arm/mach-msm/qdsp6v2/audio_evrc.o
CC arch/arm/mach-msm/clock-local.o
CC arch/arm/mach-msm/clock-dss-8960.o
CC arch/arm/mach-msm/qdsp6v2/audio_qcelp.o
CC arch/arm/mach-msm/clock-8960.o
CC arch/arm/mach-msm/clock-rpm.o
CC mm/bounce.o
host C++: libLLVMMipsDesc <= external/llvm/lib/Target/Mips/MCTargetDesc/MipsMCTargetDesc.cpp
host C++: libLLVMMipsDesc <= external/llvm/lib/Target/Mips/MCTargetDesc/MipsReginfo.cpp
CC arch/arm/mach-msm/qdsp6v2/amrwb_in.o
host C++: libLLVMMipsInfo <= external/llvm/lib/Target/Mips/TargetInfo/MipsTargetInfo.cpp
host C++: libLLVMX86Info <= external/llvm/lib/Target/X86/TargetInfo/X86TargetInfo.cpp
CC arch/arm/mach-msm/qdsp6v2/ultrasound/q6usm.o
CC mm/page_io.o
CC arch/arm/mach-msm/clock-pll.o
make[2]: *** [fs] Error 2
CC arch/arm/mach-msm/footswitch-8x60.o
CC arch/arm/mach-msm/acpuclock-8960.o
CC mm/swap_state.o
CC mm/swapfile.o
CC mm/thrash.o
CC arch/arm/mach-msm/memory_topology.o
CC mm/dmapool.o
CC mm/sparse.o
host C++: libLLVMX86AsmParser <= external/llvm/lib/Target/X86/AsmParser/X86AsmParser.cpp
CC arch/arm/mach-msm/saw-regulator.o
CC arch/arm/mach-msm/devices-8960.o
CC mm/slub.o
CC arch/arm/mach-msm/bms-batterydata.o
host C++: libLLVMX86CodeGen <= external/llvm/lib/Target/X86/X86AsmPrinter.cpp
CC arch/arm/mach-msm/bms-batterydata-desay.o
host C++: libLLVMX86CodeGen <= external/llvm/lib/Target/X86/X86COFFMachineModuleInfo.cpp
host C++: libLLVMX86CodeGen <= external/llvm/lib/Target/X86/X86CodeEmitter.cpp
host C++: libLLVMX86CodeGen <= external/llvm/lib/Target/X86/X86FastISel.cpp
CC arch/arm/mach-msm/rpm.o
CC arch/arm/mach-msm/qdsp6v2/ultrasound/usf.o
host C++: libLLVMX86CodeGen <= external/llvm/lib/Target/X86/X86FixupLEAs.cpp
CC mm/migrate.o
host C++: libLLVMX86CodeGen <= external/llvm/lib/Target/X86/X86FloatingPoint.cpp
CC arch/arm/mach-msm/rpm_resources.o
CC mm/cleancache.o
CC arch/arm/mach-msm/mpm.o
CC arch/arm/mach-msm/rpm_stats.o
CC arch/arm/mach-msm/rpm_rbcpr_stats.o
CC arch/arm/mach-msm/rpm_log.o
CC arch/arm/mach-msm/tz_log.o
CC arch/arm/mach-msm/msm_xo.o
CC arch/arm/mach-msm/devices-iommu.o
host C++: libLLVMX86CodeGen <= external/llvm/lib/Target/X86/X86FrameLowering.cpp
CC arch/arm/mach-msm/iommu_domains.o
CC arch/arm/mach-msm/gpiomux-v2.o
CC arch/arm/mach-msm/gpiomux.o
CC arch/arm/mach-msm/idle_stats.o
CC arch/arm/mach-msm/msm_dcvs_scm.o
CC arch/arm/mach-msm/msm_dcvs.o
host C++: libLLVMX86CodeGen <= external/llvm/lib/Target/X86/X86ISelDAGToDAG.cpp
CC arch/arm/mach-msm/msm_dcvs_idle.o
CC arch/arm/mach-msm/msm_rq_stats.o
CC arch/arm/mach-msm/msm_show_resume_irq.o
CC arch/arm/mach-msm/restart.o
CC arch/arm/mach-msm/qdsp6v2/ultrasound/usfcdev.o
host C++: libLLVMX86CodeGen <= external/llvm/lib/Target/X86/X86ISelLowering.cpp
host C++: libLLVMX86CodeGen <= external/llvm/lib/Target/X86/X86InstrInfo.cpp
host C++: libLLVMX86CodeGen <= external/llvm/lib/Target/X86/X86JITInfo.cpp
CC arch/arm/mach-msm/mdm2.o
CC arch/arm/mach-msm/mdm_common.o
CC arch/arm/mach-msm/msm_rtb.o
LD arch/arm/mach-msm/qdsp6v2/ultrasound/built-in.o
LD arch/arm/mach-msm/qdsp6v2/built-in.o
CC arch/arm/mach-msm/cache_erp.o
CC arch/arm/mach-msm/ebi_erp.o
CC arch/arm/mach-msm/hsic_sysmon.o
LD mm/built-in.o
CC arch/arm/mach-msm/smd_rpc_sym.o
host C++: libLLVMX86CodeGen <= external/llvm/lib/Target/X86/X86MachineFunctionInfo.cpp
host C++: libLLVMX86CodeGen <= external/llvm/lib/Target/X86/X86MCInstLower.cpp
host C++: libLLVMX86CodeGen <= external/llvm/lib/Target/X86/X86PadShortFunction.cpp
host C++: libLLVMX86CodeGen <= external/llvm/lib/Target/X86/X86RegisterInfo.cpp
host C++: libLLVMX86CodeGen <= external/llvm/lib/Target/X86/X86SelectionDAGInfo.cpp
host C++: libLLVMX86CodeGen <= external/llvm/lib/Target/X86/X86Subtarget.cpp
host C++: libLLVMX86CodeGen <= external/llvm/lib/Target/X86/X86TargetMachine.cpp
LD arch/arm/mach-msm/built-in.o
host C++: libLLVMX86CodeGen <= external/llvm/lib/Target/X86/X86TargetObjectFile.cpp
host C++: libLLVMX86CodeGen <= external/llvm/lib/Target/X86/X86TargetTransformInfo.cpp
make[1]: *** [sub-make] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/jacob/Desktop/cyan/device/lge/l1v/kernel'
make: *** [TARGET_KERNEL_BINARIES] Error 2
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

external/llvm/lib/Target/X86/AsmParser/X86AsmParser.cpp: In member function '(anonymous namespace)::X86Operand* (anonymous namespace)::X86AsmParser::parseIntelBracExpression(unsigned int, llvm::SMLoc, int64_t, unsigned int)':
external/llvm/lib/Target/X86/AsmParser/X86AsmParser.cpp:1391:64: warning: 'NewDisp' may be used uninitialized in this function [-Wmaybe-uninitialized]
build error!
root@jacob-System-Product-Name:/home/jacob/Desktop/cyan#

Upvote 0
Also, what would one suggest i do about this?
warning: (ARCH_MSM_KRAITMP && ARCH_MSM_CORTEX_A5) selects HAVE_HW_BRKPT_RESERVED_RW_ACCESS which has unmet direct dependencies (HAVE_HW_BREAKPOINT)
warning: (ARCH_MSM_KRAITMP && ARCH_MSM_CORTEX_A5) selects HAVE_HW_BRKPT_RESERVED_RW_ACCESS which has unmet direct dependencies (HAVE_HW_BREAKPOINT)

Upvote 0
Its the compiler. To fix things like that error add "EXTRA_CFLAGS=-w" to whatever folder's Makefile or change compiler

You were right. I added it to the makefile in the offending directory. and no moar error.
Switching back to 4.7 cm toolchain.
Thanks again

Will update post soon. (and stop spamming with error replies :p)

Reactions: rbheromax
Upvote 0
You were right. I added it to the makefile in the offending directory. and no moar error.
Switching back to 4.7 cm toolchain.
Thanks again

Will update post soon. (and stop spamming with error replies :p)
Its something like the toolchain wants the code to be "optimized " but wasn't up to its standards, it complains, and exits with error. Adding that line skips checks and compiles. If you are getting those errors I think arch/arm/boot/compressed will fail too. If so I have something for that too.

Reactions: lgrootnoob
Upvote 0
Its something like the toolchain wants the code to be "optimized " but wasn't up to its standards, it complains, and exits with error. Adding that line skips checks and compiles. If you are getting those errors I think arch/arm/boot/compressed will fail too. If so I have something for that too.

Yes, you are right. if i get any error than it fails to produce the zimage.
Now ive used your suggestion but i still have this issue.
fs signed/unsigned error. - Pastebin.com
It seems that the fs code references bitops. and bitops is in a folder with no makefile in it.
Which is confusing.
So i added your like to the folder with the fs code in it but that doesnt solve the bitops issue.
Nor does adding your line the the kernel's croot makefile solve the problem.

im going to examine the bitops from the mainline kernel.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones