• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

CM6: Missing data profile update option

nathanotis

Android Enthusiast
Sep 22, 2009
Denver, CO
Hello all.

Today I woke up, tried to pull down my email and look up a couple things on the web and my phone keeps telling me I have no connection. The sync icon (arrows chasing each other in a circle) is stuck at the top of the screen and my battery is disappearing rapidly. I've done a couple battery pulls and reboots with no change.

What I'd NORMALLY do is update the data profile under menu/settings/about phone/system updates... But something I didn't know about CM6 is that this option is not there. (unless it's hidden somewhere else, then please point me in the right direction)

"No problem", I think... There are other ways to skin this cat. I type in ##3282#, which should allow me into a menu that allows me to refresh the data service... The phone doesn't respond at all... "Odd", I think. So I try ##786#, which should open the reset menu... The phone didn't respond to that, either.

I know this can be resolved with a data profile update... I don't want to reset from within the phone's menus (assuming those options are there).

What do I do? And why would anyone remove those options from their ROM?

Thanks.

Hello all.

Today I woke up, tried to pull down my email and look up a couple things on the web and my phone keeps telling me I have no connection. The sync icon (arrows chasing each other in a circle) is stuck at the top of the screen and my battery is disappearing rapidly. I've done a couple battery pulls and reboots with no change.

What I'd NORMALLY do is update the data profile under menu/settings/about phone/system updates... But something I didn't know about CM6 is that this option is not there. (unless it's hidden somewhere else, then please point me in the right direction)

"No problem", I think... There are other ways to skin this cat. I type in ##3282#, which should allow me into a menu that allows me to refresh the data service... The phone doesn't respond at all... "Odd", I think. So I try ##786#, which should open the reset menu... The phone didn't respond to that, either.

I know this can be resolved with a data profile update... I don't want to reset from within the phone's menus (assuming those options are there).

What do I do? And why would anyone remove those options from their ROM?

Thanks.

You will have to flash over to fresh and update profile and prl [ROM] 08/30/10 | Fresh Hero 2.4.0 | Incremental Update For Freshness - xda-developers

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones