• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root CM7 Home Launcher laggy.

I switched from ADW launcher to launcher pro and it seems that it didn't help at all with the constant delay of the launcher. My details are Launcher Pro with 3 screens and 2 widgets (Text Clock and Droid overclock widget). My phone mods are Slayher 1.2ghz kernel with CM7 RC2. I have both the slayher 1.0 and 1.2 ghz and I feel that the 1.2 is better on the launcher.
I tried RC4 but got stuck in a bootloop because of Wifi issues (now fixed). Going back to RC4 help me with my launcher or should I find a better suited kernel? Maybe a better suited Home launcher?

I have CM7 RC 2 and 4 with Launcher Pro Plus. When I first boot the phone it takes a verly long time to create the 5 home screens because most apps are on the sd except things like laucher pro, swapper2, and those that can't be moved. Once the home screens are built, it seems to run fairly well, with occasional brief redraw delays. Like you I have two widgets on the home screen but I use the ChevyNo1 GB kernel at 900Mhz; anything faster is unstable. I wish I could run at 1.2Ghz, but my phone wont do it. I used to run a ChevyNo1 Froyo kernel at 1.1Ghz with CM 6.

BTW, for all those tired of hearing me constantly complain about my BMW's bluetooth with CM7, I am pleased to announce that it suddenly started working over the weekend. I didn't do anything to make it so, I just noticed that the connection pending light on the car was off, and I started pushing steering wheel buttons and lo and behold it was alive. I don't know which spirit to thank, so thanks to all of them.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones