• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root CM7 RC1 for HTC Incredible

So I just realized I am not getting any Gmail notifications and some of the changes I make (syncing Facebook to contacts, custom images in the launcher bar) is not sticking. The Gmail issue is the biggest one though and I have the setting in Gmail for notification in the status bar. WTF am I doing wrong?

Just a random thought, but it might be worth going into Settings:Accounts and Sync:your Google account and making sure Gmail is set to sync. For whatever reason, every time I flash a new CM, Gmail sync is disabled after I install the app from the Market.

Upvote 0
Hmm...have you tried to connect to your phone with a different device? another laptop/pc/phone with wifi? Could be your laptop no?

yeah it didn't work on either of my home pC's

anyways I've retreated back to froyo and Magnolia rom for now. wireless tether worked off the bat. will come back to gingerbread when it's a bit more ready for prime time

Upvote 0
So, upgrading from RC1 to RC2 - do I need to wipe?

What do you do step-by-step to backup and upgrade?

My thoughts:
-Titanium backup apps and settings
-Nandroid backup the ROM
-SMS backup
-Call History Backup
-ADW backup
-Install and restore backups

Forgetting anything?
Questions:
-Wipe?
-Restore everything from Titanium or just certain things?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones