• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

cm7 working from alpha

yes just have a lil issue with the fonts and status bars its coming in like 4G and yes i have tested it on venture and when you go too settings theres the cynagenmod settings just trying to make it stick but ben working on it all day and night with it and some times i get boot loop but now its working ok just miner fixes gonna post some pics soon when i boot it says hello than the cm7 screen pops up and now i got it too work when you shut the phone off too

Upvote 0
well kinda i have taking the B.Y.O.R and installed it on my venture and dumped the whole rom and took the cm7 alpha rom took it apart and went from there too see what gives errors and witch ones will not but i know that the settingsui.apk and with the framework.res is giving me a hard time once i install it i go too settings theres no errrors but once i go to settings and see that it shows cm7 settings and cm7 profile i click on it its giving me battery info process.com.android error so im trying to work on that and i have install and dump 4 cm7 and installed some libs and framework but when i put the settings.apk its giving me weird icons im gonna have too find the right icons for that and once its installed i get like a icons on the static bar scanning witch is weird but iv ben using romtoolbox and rom customizer and tickle me android for themes but im still new and just trying too see if i can get this thing too work iv ben searching alot and geting tips from xda forum and more. but not just there yet but i got the cm7 installed just gonna fix some framework and take apart cm7 from other that mach the same with acatel venture rom. ill show some pic just give me a min and ill post

Upvote 0
well, just to b honest, if ur not building from source and making the changes in there, i highly doubt that u will come out with a fully functional cm7 build. i mean, im crossin my fingers for u, but dont get ur hopes up. im pretty sure that cm7 runs off its own customized kernel (arent all cm7 builds able to be overclocked, hence custom kernel?). the chances of dropping in a kernel that is meant for another phone, and have it actually function 100% correctly, are slim to none. pretty sure this is gonna HAVE to b done from source, man. cm7 is a very intricate and highly customized firmware, from my understanding. if it were that easy, we prob would already have had a build released a while back. anyway, best of luck, and keep us updated on ur status plz! i AM curious to see how it comes out. if u could put together the rest of the build correctly, u never kno... i might b able to figure out how to build us the cm7 kernel, drop it in, and have it work! long shot, but worth a try i suppose! either way tho, thanks for ur contribution and hard work on this! hope we get somethin usable!!

Upvote 0
come on jeni, no offense, but ur comment was kinda unnecessary and just askin to start drama, man... his intention was good. plz just let it slide, brotha.
and mike, easy on the "god bless" plz. even tho intention is good, it MAY offend some people, so just better off leavin it out. last thing we ALL need is to have a mod on our butts over a religion war... lets just end it here.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones