• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Coming Soon: Full 2.3.320 SBF file!!

i succesfully updated with the zip file but am now trying to sbf my phone. problem is the sbf i downloaded seems to be corrupt! i tried unzipping it with both winzip and 7zip. any idea what happened?

You download mostly likely was incomplete. I had to download it 4 times to get a complete copy because of server overload. Download it again. FYI my download was 259,798,100 bytes zipped and 456,081,917 bytes unzipped.

GMB

Reactions: digdug1
Upvote 0
grrrrr third download is 253,710!! unzipped is 445,393!!! now im confused!

edit: my bad got it in rsd it is showing the same kb as your gm for some reason though not in the folder i downloaded it to.

Yeah, I think you are good to go. If I look at that file in the download folder it says its 253,710 but if I right click and view properties it is 259,798,100. You should be good to go :)

GMB

Upvote 0
This is weird, I've never had an issue with RSDLite but here's my situation.

Was on leaked 2.2OTA with 30.01 bootloader. Went and downloaded the TBH 2.3.320 update file and it went fine, I am now 30.04 bootloader. But when the phone boots in the properties it says 2.3.320,Verizon.en.US , eng build. Which I assumes mean engineering version. I want to use the new SBF to get to just regular 2.3.320.Verizon.en.us or whatever it says.

But when I startup RSDLite4.9, connect the phone, I get this:

rsd4.9.jpg

I've got the newest Moto drivers (from here USB and PC Charging Drivers - Motorola USA), and I can't seem to find anything else to troubleshoot. I also don't understand that error. Phone connected? Wat? Any ideas?

EDIT: Moved the file to my c: drive and followed the instructions as outlined in this great, great post: http://androidforums.com/1274587-post32.html and it's flashing now :D.

Upvote 0
Yeah, I think you are good to go. If I look at that file in the download folder it says its 253,710 but if I right click and view properties it is 259,798,100. You should be good to go :)

GMB

ok i have succesfully sbf'd but i have gotten two reboots. once while running z4root and once when installing missing apps with tb. should i do a data wipe ?

edit make that three! again with tb! every time i run tb it reboots??

Upvote 0
ok i have succesfully sbf'd but i have gotten two reboots. once while running z4root and once when installing missing apps with tb. should i do a data wipe ?

edit make that three! again with tb!

Yes, you should do a factory reset after SBFing IMO. The reboot by Z4Root is required for the exploit. The reboot while running TB is NOT normal.

GMB

Upvote 0
I think you lost me somewhere?

GMB

Sometimes what is released is a "System only" SBF.

On Another Note:

Right now I'm downloading the one you linked to "Happy_Holidays_Foryo", but previously I had downloaded the_gift_2_3_32.zip. I have always used "the gift" SBF's from HOME, but now I don't know which one is which, or if they are both the same, or if one is the system only SBF...

Upvote 0
ok one more question before i take this plunge. im going to do the update threw the TBH app. do i have to format system/mount system/download update? or when the download file finishes does it take me to clockwork so i can format/mount system and all that jazz?

You will have to download the update and then manually boot into Clockwork Recovery and format systen, mount system, install update from sdcard and navigate to the TBH folder and select it. Finally you must wipe data and cache before rebooting.

GMB

Reactions: CaucasionJ
Upvote 0
Sometimes what is released is a "System only" SBF.

On Another Note:

Right now I'm downloading the one you linked to "Happy_Holidays_Foryo", but previously I had downloaded the_gift_2_3_32.zip. I have always used "the gift" SBF's from HOME, but now I don't know which one is which, or if they are both the same, or if one is the system only SBF...

The system only SBF was released before the full SBF was and it is titled SHADO_X6_2.3.32_SYSTEM-ONLY.sbf so you can easily tell the difference.

Where did you get the_gift_2_3_32.zip from? As far as I know "the_gift" is the SBF for 2.1, "the_gift2" is the SBF for 2.2 and "Happy_Holidays_from_TBH" is the 2.2.1 SBF. If they titled the downloads what they actually were then Moto would pull them faster than we could download them ;)

GMB

Upvote 0
So it seems like it went good with out any problems. Here is how it looks:

System version: 2.3.320 MB810. Verizon.en.US, eng build

Android version: 2.2.1

Kernel version: 2.6.32.9-gca645b6

So z4root works? what about deodexed?

Yes, z4root works. I have no idea if it is deodexed, I always flash a deodexed ROM. I would assume it's not. Sorry I'm no help there :(

GMB

Upvote 0
Look HERE or it's in ROM Manager is probably the easiest way.

I never had a chance to try the non leak version so I can't comment. I will say that before the SBF I was running RX with an LPP overlay and after the SBF I have stuck with ADW. Normally I don't care for ADW but for some reason this time I got it set up exactly how I want it and overall the whole ROM seems smoother to me. I don't know if it is home launcher related or related to the SBF but i am very happy either way. :)

GMB
I will definitely try the ROM again but for know ill roll whit stock 2.2.1 until I get sick of so much blur LOL

Upvote 0
I'm Having problems trying to change my Build.prop, Im following this steps
1. Copy the build.prop to the root of your SD card
2. Long press on build.prop
3. Select "Copy" (may have to hit R/W in top right corner)
4. Navigate to /system
5. Click R/W in the top right corner (again, may or may not have to, but if it gives u an error, do it)
6. Paste, and overwrite
7. Reboot

when I press R/W nothing happens and when I click Paste is says "You cannot paste here because the file is read-only" :(

Upvote 0
I'm Having problems trying to change my Build.prop, Im following this steps
1. Copy the build.prop to the root of your SD card
2. Long press on build.prop
3. Select "Copy" (may have to hit R/W in top right corner)
4. Navigate to /system
5. Click R/W in the top right corner (again, may or may not have to, but if it gives u an error, do it)
6. Paste, and overwrite
7. Reboot

when I press R/W nothing happens and when I click Paste is says "You cannot paste here because the file is read-only" :(

Are you sure Root Explorer has SU permission?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones