• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Coming Soon: Full 2.3.320 SBF file!!

I think the leaked 2.2.1 has developer debug code that decreases battery life. This means that installing the update.zip or roms that have the 2.2.1 files would all have the same problem. I know the Rubix Blurry rom I installed ran great, but had the same battery life problem.

oh great! why didn't we hear about this BEFORE we flashed:thinking: i knew something was up. i have had awful batt life post updating.

i hope tbh comes up with a solution and soon! preferably a way to revert to stock either with the new ota or the last. i dont care at this point.

Upvote 0
My fix for batt FC's is to charge to 100%, then clear batt stats in recovery (under advanced), boot back before unplugging the charge cable. I figure all that restoring backups and roms just confuses the battery controller. Not perfect but fixes it most of the time. FWIW, only had one FC in Blurry, and that was right after restoring a backup and the above fixed it.

Upvote 0
i hope this hasnt been addressed, i am at work and didnt want to read through all the posts, my question is:
Should i SBF back to 2.1 do the OTA, to 2.3.320 and then try some roms? (if we know they are working)
or should i just go ahead and sbf to the 2.3.320 file itself? cause then i can reinstall APEX 1.2

again im sorry if this has been brought up, just looking for the answer to my question while skimming through these posts

Upvote 0
VS, if I were you, I'd check my bootloader version and go from there.

Power up your phone with the volume-dn and camera buttons pressed. You can let up when your screen briefly flashes.

• If it's 30.04, you have already installed the leaked update.zip and you can't get the OTA. You should flash with the 2.3.340 SBF when it's available, presumably later tonight (or 2.3.320 would work too). You also risk bricking if you flash the 2.2 SBF.

• If it's 30.03 (froyo), you can flash to the 2.2 SBF and grab the new OTA to update your bootloader. A better option would be to restore a 2.3.15 nandroid, if you have one with intact apps.

• If it's 30.02 or 30.01, you could flash to the 2.1 SBF and OTA to 2.2 and again to 2.3.340, but I believe I read where a few people skipped the 2.1 SBF, and just flashed to 2.2 and successfully got the OTA.

Bear in mind that apparently Verizon pulled the OTA for now. I suspect their servers were overloaded.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones