• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Command Prompt Hint

Rossco_Pee

Android Enthusiast
Dec 8, 2009
Iowa
It seems that many people are having trouble navigating to the correct command prompt to do the recovery step of the root process. If you press (Shift + right click mouse) you can select to open a command prompt in that directory. I'm sure many of you know this, but I found it very helpful when rooting my Eris.

Reactions: cornbreadfarts
It seems that many people are having trouble navigating to the correct command prompt to do the recovery step of the root process. If you press (Shift + right click mouse) you can select to open a command prompt in that directory. I'm sure many of you know this, but I found it very helpful when rooting my Eris.

actually did not know that. thanks!

Upvote 0
Still doesnt work for me. Maybe I'm not doing it right. Do I open my computer, nav to the tools folder and hold shift + right mouse click on the folder in the tree on the left? I get a bunch of options but no open cmd.

The option will read "Open command window here." I am using Windows Vista (not sure if that makes a difference).

Upvote 0
Just double-checked this, it's a nifty Vista shortcut! Who knew, something actually handy?!?!

For XP and older OS users I highly recommend PowerToys. Originally developed by former employees of the Gates empire, but not officially supported of course. Very handy tools for the novice and advanced user alike.

Things may have changed I haven't checked into availability for Vista yet.

bill

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones