• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root compare to other rooted phones

Hi I have a sprint hero which I have had a few different roms on it. I would like to know if anyone else has gone from an other rooted phone to this one. I am looking to switching back to metro and trying to save some money. I know that I cant really compare the service from sprint to metro but I would like to know how this phone would compare to my hero or other phone that are close to it.

There are more Android phones coming. I love this phone -- as it's my first Android -- but Metro is coming out with an LTE Android in February, and more by mid-year.

I listened to the MetroPCS CEO webcast to investors. He said at least half dozen LTE smartphones in 2011. Not all will be Android, but there WILL be one by end of February, more by mid-year. He said there would be a time gap between first LTE Android and the others. Then he said "half dozen" LTE devices by end of 2011, but not all would be Android.

Metro LTE is supposed to come to Atlanta by January. I'm curious what that first LTE Android will be... But I'll probably wait until mid-year to see the choice of other LTE Androids.

Upvote 0
are lte phones any good. of so that is something to look for down the road.

LTE is not a brand -- it's a type of network.

"LTE" is MetroPCS, Verizon and eventaully AT&T's iteration of "4G". LTE = 4G, for the most part, but neither Metro's nor Verizon's implementation technically qualifiy for TRUE 4G standards. LTE is a more accurate description, to be honest (especially when Metro's LTE speeds are barely "3G"). Yet, on Metro's Samsung Craft, when it picks up an LTE signal the display says "4G". ;)

MetroPCS and Verizon are turning on their LTE network now, but neither has introduced any LTE (4G) smartphones yet. Metro has an LTE "feature phone" -- the Samsung Craft. But we are anxiously awaiting an LTE smartphone -- in particular an LTE Android phone.

Rumor is it's going to be called the Samsung Forte. No specs yet, just that it's Android and LTE.

Upvote 0
Sorry to really say this..but no other "OEM" hold it's value like Apple. Not just iPhones, but mac and macbooks.

I mean why is someone going to pay a premium on a used phone, when something newer is out. I am thinking you will get about $125 max.

1) HOW much will Metro give us on trade-in? I'm not joking. People over in another forum said Metro was giving like $85 value for trading in Samsung Code to "upgrade" to Optimus. Surely they will give something to trade in Optimus for LTE Android.

2) Even if you get $125 on Craiglist, hey, then that still pays for about half of another phone, right? Assuming the Samsung Forte (or whatever the first LTE Android is) is about the same price as a new Optimus is now.

Upvote 0
Sorry to really say this..but no other "OEM" hold it's value like Apple. Not just iPhones, but mac and macbooks.

I mean why is someone going to pay a premium on a used phone, when something newer is out. I am thinking you will get about $125 max.

I just sold my old metro samsung caliber for 140. So I think you would get more than 125 for this phone

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones