• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help configuration email issue

Keeping my whole life on google is officially making me nervous. I was working on a project for a dog rescue, setting up personalized blogs for all the adoptable pups, and they shut down that separate email account saying I was in violation of the TOS and it's been almost a week with zero response from them. If they were to ever shut down my personal gmail account I would loose EVERYTHING! So I'm jumping ship and backing everything up elsewhere.

So I set up an email using my domain (ok a friend set it up cause I am even less than clueless) It's hosted through blue host if that matters. I was able to get the email integrated with the Epic Touch stock email app. Actually proud of that! LOL I'm using squirrel mail on the computer.

My issue is that whenever I delete an email on my phone, it only is marked as read on the computer. How do I make it really just delete so I'm not deleting stuff twice?

I've been through the email settings on the phone and the squirrel mail settings on the computer and I'm at a loss... Hoping someone on here will be able to tell me what to do! Would a different email app on the phone fix this?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones