• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Connecting to WiFi

At home my ASUS connects to the wifi as if it is automatic, when the wifi is turned on, but away from homeI cannot connect to other wifi's even knowing the name and password as it never asks me for the credentials.

For example, today I was in a shop where they said the system was wide open. My tablet would tell me that a signal was available, but it would not connect either thru chrome or the built in browser.
What else do I need to know?

If the public WiFi login, registration or landing pages are not appearing, could try forcing them to load, by actually trying to go to a site like Google or something in the browser. I've had to do that a few times with hotel and public transport WiFi. Probably just needs a kick to remind it that your tablet is connected to the WiFi, but you actually want to get online.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones