• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Connection error: Retry? Becoming frequent...

Ecks

Jun 17, 2010
I'm frequently getting the "Connection Error, retry" and "A network error has occurred, retry?" messages in all my useful apps. It's happening in the browser, in the apps market, in gmail, and now I'm getting "message received failed, download message?" errors in my text messaging.

I got my phone June 12 and it worked great that whole week, perfect reception and network connection. Last week I started getting few to no bars and the occasional network issue with my online apps. In the last few days, almost always no bars and I'm constantly getting connection issues with my apps.

Anything I can try? I've done the whole CDMA instead of GSM and I've switched from EVSR to EVSR-B or whatever it is. Neither seems to work. Also tried holding the phone by it's edges because I've heard the antenna is on the back of the phone? (grr).

I love the Inc for what it is (my first smart phone btw), but it's wearing my patience with the recent poor connections. Previous phone was an LG Dare on Verizon and reception was always fair to strong.

Sigh, yes unfortunataly I am seeing similar issues lately. This is my second phone (its a refurb) - First one was returned due to an issue with the call quality. It seemed fine for the first few days. I am also having random reboots and the phone seems to be getting hotter than my original one did. Call quality on this one seems better though.

Going to call VZW tech support tonight, who will most likely have me run a factory reset (yay, I love reloading all my apps and getting the phone set up exactly as I like it every few weeks).

I'm going to give the Incredible one more try (with another refurb) because I know the factory reset won't do anything. If that doesn't work, I'm heading into the local VZW store to get something else or just go back to my old phone.

Upvote 0
Just to update my thread, the connection issues have continued tonight. Just got a connection error while trying to register on the Amazon Kindle app...

Also, my phone randomly rebooted tonight. I looked down at the phone and saw the HTC blinding white background. I thought... was there a software update?? no, it's still 2.1.1.

WTF is goin' on with these phones.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones