• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Considering a Nexus, but do ALL of them have CDMA, or not?

AZgl1500

Extreme Android User
Feb 3, 2011
Oklahoma grasslands
I'm on Verizon and that is a CDMA service for talk and SMS, excluding the DATA on LTE.

Will any Nexus phone work on CDMA ( as well as, GSM ), or do I have to purposely buy a Nexus that is a CDMA phone?

I was hoping that is NOT the case, as I want to be able to just grab a test SIM from Cricket, or Apollo, or Mars, or Neptune, and go try out their service and STILL be able to plug in my Verizon SIM and use the phone on my regularly scheduled channels ;)

Here is why I am asking...... I took a trip over the weekend just past, and ended up in Never Never Land simply because Verizon has a hole in their "TOTALLY SATURATED BLANKET" but of course, they deny that. I was w/o phone or SMS service for 36 hours until I left that little burg in nowhere's land.

Of course, the hotel had WiFi and I could at least browse the internet, but still could not text or make a call.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Reactions: codesplice
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones