• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Constantly seeing "Network Unavailable"

AshleyStuart

Lurker
Dec 15, 2011
I've been the owner of a Pantech Breakout for almost a month now. It's my first Android phone. I love it. However, I am having problems with the phone whenever I leave my home. I have the phone connected to my WIFI at my home. When at home, it works fine. I am able to use all the apps on the phone. When I'm away from the WIFI, it doesn't always have problems. But on four separate occasions, I've been running errands and I can't get on Facebook, Foursquare, or search the internet. It shows that the phone has signal and, on one occasion, the phone was connected to free WIFI. I'm able to make and receive phone calls, text messages, and emails, but I'm not able to access apps that require internet. Please let me know if there is something I'm not doing right, or if I have some setting messed up. Thanks in advance. :)

*moved to Pantech Breakout forum*

You'll have this kind of issue if you have conflicting signal strength from wifi repeaters and the cell towers. It confuses the phone. It's usually best to turn off Wifi when you are out of a known wifi zone and enable it only when you are using it.

With free wifi hotspots, many times it will show you as connected but won't route you properly until you open a web browser and accept the terms of service.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones