• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help contact mixup - same number different network

Hi

I am using a HTC Legend on Froyo 2.3 (non-rooted) on Warid Telecom, Pakistan.

The thing is that I have a few contacts having the same phone number but different area code (xxx-xxxx is same)

A: 300-xxx-xxxx
B: 301-xxx-xxxx
C: 321-xxx-xxxx
D: 322-xxx-xxxx

The problem is that the phone keeps on confusing between contact B and C. Outgoing calls are okay, because I can see the number when i select the contact, but incoming and missed calls get mixed up.

the phone displays C's picture when B is calling. and the incoming text message from B would show up as C and if i reply, the message goes to the wrong person...

i have tried adding country code, but that does not change anything...

contacts A and D are totally fine and no mixup has ever been reported...

Any one have any ideas???

that sounds very strange, I have a similar problem where I have my parents listed individually with their mobile numbers and then they both have their home number, which I also have listed seperatly. Whenever I call that home number it displays my Dad's picture etc.

Could it be that perhaps you have one of the numbers accidentally listed as a 2nd number on the other contact?

Other than that I can't think why it would od that

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones