• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Contact Question and Bluetooth/Car Question (searched)

spydermn

Jun 7, 2010
Q1 - I am having a hell of a time with lots of contacts being saved. I have 116 in my phone but when I try to backup using My Backup Pro it says I have 502. The first week I had my phone I had to take it to a Sprint store to get it straightened out. I have merged all my contacts in Gmail and show nothing unusual in my "people" app or in the contacts when I go to my "phone".:thinking::thinking::thinking:

The other issue I am having is that I cannot get my phone to sync contacts with my Tundra. Had no issues with my HTC Touch Pro. Now it just says that it cannot sync (truck is in the shop or I would get the actual message).

Any help appreciated!

Any chance you have a few hundred Facebook friends? I only ask because I use bluetooth in my car as well and when my phonebook was downloaded I ended up with 250+ contacts when there are only 40-50 in my google account. Turns out because I am synched with Facebook all those contacts transferred over even though I don't have them showing up in the phonebook on the phone or through google. If you are syncing with Facebook than that could explain the few hundred extra contacts.

As for the bluetooth syncing, it could be that you have too many contacts (my radio only takes 500) or something else. I'm not real familiar with it because this is my first radio that has bluetooth built in. Hopefully someone else can help you with that.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones