• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Contacts are acting funny

cashearer314

Lurker
Dec 7, 2009
PA
Hey there

I'll start off by saying I'm pretty new to the Motorola Droid, as in I just got it yesterday. I'm loving it so far and I've only encountered one problem, and that's what brought me here. I've looked far and wide for a solution to this, but I haven't been able to find one.

When I first got the phone, my friend Liz tried to text me, but the name came up as my other friend Eliza. Which was very strange. When I looked at the entry for Eliza, I noticed that Liz's entry information as well as the entry information for another friend of mine was in Eliza's entry. So I attempted to remove the two extra entries from the original, and I got rid of them. Except, when I create a new contact, it always adds the new contact to Eliza's entry. Are you following me so far? However, I did manage to get Liz's entry to go on her own, but every other entry goes to the same one.:eek: Any ideas?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

This happened to me too, but it was my friend Beth, whose info showed up as Liz.

I'm thinking there's some name/nickname algorithm going on. How to turn it off I have no idea.

More proof happens when I merge a Facebook contact with a preexisting contact (i.e. Andrew such and such, it will suggest Andy in my contacts).

I think the easiest way to get around this is to add a last name.

Upvote 0
This happened to me too, but it was my friend Beth, whose info showed up as Liz.

I'm thinking there's some name/nickname algorithm going on. How to turn it off I have no idea.

More proof happens when I merge a Facebook contact with a preexisting contact (i.e. Andrew such and such, it will suggest Andy in my contacts).

I think the easiest way to get around this is to add a last name.
Alright I have everything squared away now! I would like to be able to turn that off though, it's pretty annoying and unnecessary.

Thanks for the help :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones