Contacts Confused

Last Updated:

1. jess

jess New Member This Topic's Starter

Yesterday my Sprint Hero did something weird and managed to set my phone to Android and not HTC. I had to reset the phone to factory settings. I've decided that Google is pretty cool for syncing contacts. I had some on my computer too. Trouble is, now I lost some of the phone contacts for some reason and I'm not quite sure how the Google syncing is working either. I've lost a lot of contacts in google.

What do I do? How does the transfer typically go? Why did I lose some contacts? Anyone? Thanks! :eek:

Advertisement
  2. jimdroid

jimdroid Well-Known Member

Go the the People app, press Menu, then View and make sure that the appropriate contact sources are checked. Also make sure to set the duplicated contacts setting correctly.

Since you just reset your phone, it's probably also worth your while to go to the Home Screen -> Menu -> Settings ->Data Synchronization -> Google to make sure that your Contacts are being synchronized.

3. jess

jess New Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks Jim. I didn't know about the view thing. I have synced and I do have most all of my Google contacts now. I'm just wondering how I lost the others.

4. jimdroid

jimdroid Well-Known Member

Jess, you might check gMail on your PC/Mac to see if you have some contacts that have been labeled incorrectly, thus aren't showing up on your phone.

If not, then it's just one of those mysteries of the universe :)