• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Contacts Confused

jess

Lurker
Apr 1, 2010
Yesterday my Sprint Hero did something weird and managed to set my phone to Android and not HTC. I had to reset the phone to factory settings. I've decided that Google is pretty cool for syncing contacts. I had some on my computer too. Trouble is, now I lost some of the phone contacts for some reason and I'm not quite sure how the Google syncing is working either. I've lost a lot of contacts in google.

What do I do? How does the transfer typically go? Why did I lose some contacts? Anyone? Thanks! :eek:

Go the the People app, press Menu, then View and make sure that the appropriate contact sources are checked. Also make sure to set the duplicated contacts setting correctly.

Since you just reset your phone, it's probably also worth your while to go to the Home Screen -> Menu -> Settings ->Data Synchronization -> Google to make sure that your Contacts are being synchronized.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones