• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Contacts question

tom42107

Lurker
Jan 13, 2011
I'm really having a hard time figuring something out. When I add a new contact on my phone, it gives me the option of contact type. Either phone or my gmail account. I was trying to add a new contact and I would enter all the information but after hitting done the contact would not show up on my phone. I then tried the gmail option under contact type and after entering all the info it did show up in my contact list. Why the two options?

In any android phone, there are two ways to add contact, from phone or gmail account. But in the contact list view, it will show both. If you backed up your previous phone's contact to verizon server using backup assistant app, you can transfer it to new phone easily. That's what I did to get my contacts from old phone to Vortex.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones