• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Contacts showing in phone but not contact list.

bunkyan

Lurker
Jul 19, 2010
Came over to the X from a Storm 2, the verizon rep brought over my blackberry contacts to the X. The problem is, when i go to phone, these numbers show up, but if i go in thru contacts it only shows contacts i have setup since i purchased the phone. I did a search and could not find this exact problem, any other former BB users have this problem?

I have a similar issue...but reversed. If I click the contact app on the app list it pulls up perfectly fine. But if I click the phone quick link on the home page and click contact it flashes, showing (0 contacts), then goes back to the home screen, then I lose all service...haha. The service comes right back though. Very odd. This all started after I had the verizon employee sync over all my contacts from Storm1. Fix? :(

Upvote 0
My phone's contacts did not get copied when they activated my phne yesterday. I took it in today, and they did finally manage to get my phone contacts onto the DX, BUT they are mixed in now with my facebook contacts.

Is there any app that allows you easily to move them from one to the other?

Upvote 0
I sync contacts with Gmail account. Accidentally activated Verizon's Backup Assistant and every time it would sync it put in number's for contacts that I have used in years. I had to take them out each time. Per the VZW rep I had to go into applications, to running apps and find the BA and stop it from syncing there. Then went to BA and deleted all the contacts I had in BA just in case it synced again.

Upvote 0
I would suggest using the free MIQ Live app to backup your phone! There have been far too many recent complaints of people just turning on their phone to discover that not only are their contacts not listed, their not on the phone anymore!

When you download the MIQ app it will backup all data to a private account you can access online. (select contacts, sms, calender, photos, videos, bookmarks ect.) You can store the contacts there, even import more or manually create them online to have them push to your phone immediately. This might solve the contact list problem, but will definitely ensure you don't lose any data. If you want to restore or switch phones you just download the app again and log in and all your data is back...

Hope that helps. Good luck!

Reactions: bunkyan
Upvote 0
Thanks for the tip MIQ, your program worked fine, but for some reason the X does not think the contaxts copied over from the BB Storm are contacts. Like I said they show up in the phone book contacts but not anywhere else. Your program did backup the contacts I have setup. Thanks for the reply tho, I know a ton of storm people went to the X, maybe I am the only one that has this problem.

Upvote 0
Check the top of the contacts list and click there. Should allow you to show more than just phone contacts. It's a filter of sorts that allows you to filter by phone, google, facebook, or any other list of contacts you have. If this doesn't work, then you can do it manually by just making a new contact with JUST the persons name and save it on your phone. The new phone contact should link to the google contact and finally show up in your phone contact list. You have to do this one by one, but it works.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones