• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Contacts using linkedin over FB profile photos

Kiwiguy

Lurker
Jul 13, 2015
Hi there,

I've recently purchased a S5 and it's on Android v5.0, I'm in NZ, so the phone is unlocked (not tied to any carrier).

I've read that Facebook has changed their API and this is causing some issues with using friends' profile pictures as your contact pic. However, the issue I am having is that the default contacts app, is using the contact's linkedin profile picture over the FB picture if the contact has both accounts linked on my phone. Is there a way of making it use the FB profile pics over the linkedin pics?

I have tried unlinking the contacts and linking the FB accounts first then the others as well as linking FB last and this isn't making a difference. The only way so far to make it use the FB photo is to NOT link the linkedin account.

Any ideas?
Thanks in advance.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones