• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Contemplating EVO Root for WiFi Tethering and Complete/Ghost Back Up

jmbot4371

Lurker
Jul 30, 2010
I have been contemplating rooting my Evo for some time for the reasons mentioned in the title. I have read rave reviews for WiFi tethering all over this forum and will definitely take advantage of it. Secondly, I have heard that when the Evo is rooted you can create back up, with Nandroid or Titanium, and it is a ghost/clone of the entire phone (settings, apps, app data/pointers, etc.). I have had to replace my phone a few times now for factory defects and it has caused tremendous pain to lose some of the app data that I had stockpiled in the 3 months since my last replacement. In the event of having to replace my phone again after rooting it, would I just have to root the new Evo and flash the last back up and ROM (stock or not) that I was using?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones