• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Convert me

roxics

Lurker
Oct 11, 2009
Hello
I've been an iPhone 3Gs user for the past couple of years. Love my phone, considering an upgrade to a 4S. But I also checked out the Galaxy SII and SII Skyrocket and I'm pretty impressed. Love the screens on those.

But I'm most concerned about syncing. I'm a mac user and I love being able to sync all my playlists, podcasts, phone images and contacts with one button in itunes.

I've seen doubletwist, songbird and winamp for android and it seems like people have problems with those Plus they only seem to work with music, not podcasts, images and contacts.

I'm also concerend about the support for new versions of Android on these devices. Samsumg seems to make a billion different phones every years, I'm a little scared samsung is just going to say "that phone is outdated, no more support/OS upgrades within the next couple years."

Can I hook up an external mic to the phone when recording 1080p video?

What resolution is the video recording from the front facing camera? The iPhone only does VGA which kinda sucks. I'd like something I can do video blogs with where I can see myself.

Last but certainly not least, I use my iphone headphones all the time. Phone calls, voice memos when I'm driving, music(volume and tracking), etc. I like that they are earbuds but not the annoying kind that block out sound from outside. But I've been through 3 pair in the last two years. Do either of these phones come with headphones like this? If not are they available somewhere?

Honestly the perfect phone for me would be a 4S with a 4.3" AMOLED screen and widgets. But that's not happening so I'm willing to try something new. My contract with AT&T just ended last week. But I'm very hesitant about Android as cool as I think the screens are. So I need some convincing.

Thanks

Welcome to Android Forum This is a friendly place for discussion, learning and help.

Nice of you to stop by and join us. You'he definitely come to the right place to learn all there is for your device.

Here are links to our Android-Phones and Android-Tablets forum. Choose the device you have - find your model _check into your device's area of support...where you'll find some interesting info, hints, tips & tricks on your device.

I hope you find this place insightful and informative. :)

Upvote 0
Hello roxics and welcome to Android Forums. Well stated concerns. I wish I could sit here and answer your questions. But to give you a true evaluation, I would need to own/use both of the phones you are considering as well as your Apple product. I would suggest checking into the S2 areas and ask the users about the interface and sync options available with your Mac. We have such a large user base here that you might find a person that has made your exact contemplated switch. I will leave you a link to the S2 areas. You will want to follow the links to the ones that have your interest. I admire you for doing your research prior to a purchase and I think you have chosen the best site to help you make an educated decision. Have fun and we do appreciate you joining our community. I hope it serves you well.
Samsung Galaxy S2 (AT&T) - Android Forums (For AT&T)
Samsung Galaxy S2 (T-Mobile) - Android Forums (For T-Mobile)
Samsung Epic 4G Touch - Android Forums (For Sprint)
Samsung Galaxy S2 (International) - Android Forums (For International)
Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket - Android Forums
Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket HD - Android Forums

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones