CoPilotSupport

Last Updated:

1. treacle

treacle New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi after 2 failed attempts of installing copilot on my wildfire im assuming its not compatible?

On their website its not showing the wildfire but i guess thats because the phone is just released.Have sent them an email but while I wait on reply was wondering if anyone on the forum new otherwise?

Btw this is my first android and im very much loving my new toy!
    Screen res is not a problem (previously had N86) although the camera is the only thing im disappointed with.

Advertisement
  2. Stormblade

Stormblade New Member

I have CoPilot running fine on my Wildfire...
    I just downloaded it from the marketplace.

The only issue I had was getting it to talk to Copilot Central, which was due to trying a windows mobile version of it a while ago.

Do you have an SD card with space for it?

treacle likes this.
  3. treacle

treacle New Member This Topic's Starter

Yip ur right,I have managed to download and install and it seems to be working fine.
    On first try it refused to accept my google checkout number
    Second try it installed but crashed everytime I opened it

Syncing it with co pilot central was the easy bit for me but found it strange that belfast is not included in Northern Ireland maps?
    From central I searched but no maps were available for belfast.

Its there on my phone to download which I have but I cant understand why its not intregated into northern ireland maps meaning I have to switch between maps.

Surely this cant be right Belfast is the capital and would be like London not being in the uk map!!

4. hotphil

hotphil New Member

Hi guys,

Just thought I'd share my experience with this on a UK Vodafone Wildfire -

I bought it through the ALK website (with a 15% off summer promotion)
    Downloaded/extracted the files to root of memory card
    Followed the instructions on ALK's download page to browse to the Android installer page on the Wildfire's browser.
    It installed and all was well :D

Quite pleased actually as I've had issues installing on previous WinMo devices.

Hope that helps - might be a better way than through Market on the phone(?)

5. JaqCov

JaqCov New Member

Generally I am impressed with Co-Pilot - I've have to re-install co-pilot a few times after upgrades, but it is quick and easy.

However I have a real frustration that the low screen res on the Wildfire means I cannot see the headings for adjusting routing profiles. All I get is big up/down buttons with a hint of text hidden behind them.

I've emailed ALK about this, and they just say re-install (makes no difference). I've asked them twice to just tell me what the headings are, but they just send holding messages.

If anyone has Co-Pilot on a phone with a bigger screen, can you tell us what the headings for the 5 up/down buttons are in the "Routing - Custom Type" menu? Each has a Neutral/avoid/favour and a speed box, but I cannot see what each pair of settings applies to.

The manual gives 4 types of route as examples, but the settings have 5.

6. JaqCov

JaqCov New Member

ALK finally gave me the menu headings, so I retract my gripes! Its a great program, and now I can use all of it.

7. hopey

hopey Well-Known Member

Hi JaqCov can you tell me the headings as well please as i have same problem.

Cheers Norman

8. StratosWRC

StratosWRC Well-Known Member

I assume the headings are similar to below?
    Motorway
    Dual Carriageway
    A road
    B road
    Street

Does anyone else have intermitent speed limits symbols, 'safety camera' w and 'welcome to cpl' sounds? Is there a fix?