• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I'd like to ask everyone who knows where to find COVID-19 resources/information to please post links, plus brief descriptions of their purpose. If it's not clear from the above info, also include the area where they're relevant. Please edit one post instead of adding new posts for each addition. This will help keep things somewhat organized by area.

IRS: Get my payment - IRS.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment
US. Check the status of your stimulus payment.

IRS: Non-filers enter payment info here - IRS.gov/coronavirus/non-filers-enter-payment-info-here
US. The Internal Revenue Service has put up a page for people who don't normally file income tax returns, or who don't have their direct deposit info on file with the IRS/SS, but are eligible for stimulus payments.

Headspace: LA County is stronger together - headspace.com/lacounty
Aimed at LA residents, but available to all. Mindfulness, meditations, sleep help, more. "LA, we’re all going through the current crisis together. To help you weather this storm, Headspace and the LA County Department of Mental Health have partnered to provide support and resources during this challenging time..."

California Science Center: 'Stuck at home' science activities - californiasciencecenter.org/stuck-at-home-science
World. This is so cool! If you're in search of something fun, interesting, entertaining AND educational, check this out. New activities daily. For people of all ages, with or without kids.

Los Angeles County Dept of Mental Health - DMH.LACounty.gov
and
DMH.LACounty.gov/covid-19-information
World. Although this is LA's DMH, its information is helpful for anyone feeling stressed due to this pandemic. If you're struggling emotionally, please make use of its resources, or any that may be available in your area. People are available to help! Whether by phone or online, don't suffer alone.

IRS: Coronavirus Tax Relief - IRS.gov/coronavirus
US. Information and lots of links regarding income tax issues during this pandemic.

Stimulus Check Calculator - abc7.com/finance/stimulus-checks-calculator-how-much-to-expect-under-coronavirus-rescue-bill/6056170/
US. Calculator to see how much your stimulus check should be.

Confronting COVID-19: LA County Responds - COVID19.LACounty.gov
Resources for those in Los Angeles County, including testing information, FAQs, help for seniors, and the latest updates.

California Coronavirus (COVID-19) Response - COVID19.CA.gov
Information for all Californians; includes resources, information on the 'stay at home' order, symptoms and risks, testing, etc.

COVID-19: Keeping Los Angeles Safe - corona-virus.LA
Details of Mayor Garcetti's "Safer at Home" order, FAQs about COVID-19/homeowners and renters/employers and employees/etc., frequently-updated statistics on virus cases and fatalities in LA, and more.

Governor Newsom's "Stay home. Save lives. Check in" Campaign - www.gov.ca.gov/2020/03/31/governor-newsom-launches-campaign-to-protect-health-and-well-being-of-older-californians-during-covid-19-pandemic
Details of Gov Newsom's campaign to protect the health and well-being of older Californians during this pandemic. From the site: To combat social isolation, ‘Stay Home. Save Lives. Check In.’ campaign urges all Californians to check in on vulnerable neighbors with a call, text or physically-distanced door knock.

In coordination with non-profit local 2-1-1 systems, California also launches hotline to help Californians answer questions."

California Health Corps - HealthCorps.CA.gov
Newly-created state agency where healthcare professionals can register to help. Retired or inactive physicians, nurses, phlebotomists, pharmacists, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, etc., can register. You must provide your credentials/license info, but even if your license has recently expired, they'll take you!

Onward California - OnwardCA.org
One-stop resource for the people of California impacted by job loss during the COVID-19 pandemic.

Economic impact payments: What you need to know - IRS.gov/newsroom/economic-impact-payments-what-you-need-to-know
Information from the IRS for all US citizens, regarding the federal government's upcoming stimulus checks/payments.

Map: Watch the coronavirus cases spread across the world - NBCLosAngeles.com/news/national-international/map-watch-the-coronavirus-cases-spread-across-the-world/2318154/
Earth. (Self-explanatory)

COVID-19 Cases in LA County by City - csungis.maps.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=ad3d7225d7114764b2554e8bfa156668
Map. (Self-explanatory)

Resources for SoCal Seniors During the Coronavirus Pandemic - NBCLosAngeles.com/news/coronavirus/resources-for-socal-seniors-during-the-coronavirus-pandemic/2334518/
(Self-explanatory)

City of Arcadia Coronavirus Info - ArcadiaCA.gov/covid19
Info specifically for residents of Arcadia, CA.

Coronavirus (COVID-19): How to prepare and protect yourself - coronavirus.gov
General information about the virus from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the White House.

Resources for families during school closures (LAUSD) - achieve.LAUSD.net/resources
(213) 241-3840
A must for all Los Angeles Unified School District families. Information on TV and online classes/education, locations of 'grab and go' meals for those in need, links to IT support for online learning, and much more.

Covered California - CoveredCA.com
California's health insurance marketplace. The deadline for applying has been extended to June 30, if you're eligible due to job loss or other qualifying criteria.

Department of Public Services - DPSS.LACounty.gov
Help and information for LA County residents, including CalFresh, CalWORKS, Medi-Cal, and a lot more.

Employment Development Department - EDD.CA.gov/unemployment
(800) 300-5616
California unemployment insurance.

LA County Workforce Development, Aging, Community Services -
(800) 510-2020
Meals delivered for elderly or disabled homebound people.

LA County Business and Worker Help Center - LACountyHelpCenter.org
(833) 238-4450
Resources for workers and businesses.

California COVID-19 Medical Supply Contributions - COVID19supplies.CA.gov/
Do you have medical supplies you can donate or sell? The State of California would like to hear from you.

LA CARES Corps -coronavirus.LAcity.org/CAREScorps
(833) 238-4450
Financial help/resources for small businesses in Los Angeles.

Get Lost with Lindsay - GetLostWithLindsay.com
Very cool and fun site for anyone, anywhere, especially parents looking for new ways to keep their kids entertained and engaged. Free virtual tours of famous places around the world.

Last edited:
I think this important and I hope people add their regions' info to it. Ty MB! Ty for being here and ty for your thoughtfulness. I am sticking this until the threat passes.
Who misspelled my perfectly spelled title? Yo, Steven?! :eek:

But seriously, you're welcome, and thanks. :)

Reactions: MrJavi and Steven58
Upvote 0
I participated in a 'town hall' phone call today with Congressperson Judy Chu. She accepted questions from participants, and I thought I'd share one of her responses here. Although she's my representative, the question pertains to anyone in the US who receives Social Security via direct deposit.

There had been some talk that SS recipients who are normally not required to file income tax returns, would have to file a brief return in order to receive their stimulus payment. She said that has now changed, and they'll receive their payments around April 13th.

Please note that she said something about SSI recipients not being included in that, but I didn't catch it all.

If you're receiving regular Social Security, or Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI, as I do), and you receive your payments via direct deposit, you won't have to file anything; you should receive your stimulus payment around April 13th.

If you're receiving Supplemental Security Income (SSI) from Social Security, I think you may need to file a short tax form, but I'm not sure. The IRS site I linked to in my OP will be updated with info like that soon.

Reactions: MrJavi and Steven58
Upvote 0
{ begin rant }

I'm very disappointed by the lack of activity here. I cannot POSSIBLY be the only person who's seen/heard a resource while their governor was speaking, or their mayor, or the head of their county health department, or a local food bank...

Please share if you hear or see something useful, whether specifically for your city or the whole world. :)

{ /rant }

Last edited:
Reactions: joe71 and MrJavi
Upvote 0
This isn't a resource, but information: effective today, Arcadia (CA) essential workers must wear face coverings while working. This is on top of, or in addition to, LA Mayor Garcetti's earlier announcement that all Angelenos must wear face coverings while out and about.

Reactions: Steven58
Upvote 0
Forgive my geography ignorance, but is that where Jinan is, Mike?

Shandong Province is where I am, and Jinan is the capital city. They've been opening schools province by province, I've got a list somewhere. But it's only high schools and some middle schools, specifically where students have to sit exams this summer. like the college entrance exam(Gaokao) and high school entrance exam(Zhongkao). Full social distancing rules are enforced at schools.

BTW I've been on TV again.
Screenshot_20200412_203234_com.hoge.android.jinan.jpg

Student's luggage arrives, is disinfected, and is taken to their dorms. Then the students will come on Tuesday.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks for the info, @mikedt.

So are you confident that you're going to be safe/okay once you return to school?

I've been on TV again.
Our man in China! Very cool. :)

By the way, I was talking on the phone the other day and I said, "I have an Android friend in China," then quickly added, "HE'S not an Android! I mean I know him from Android Forums." :batdroid: :goofydroid: :D

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones