• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Excellent resource! Thanks, @Steven58! :)

You're welcome MB. I actually just bought a few cloth ones from Amazon. LOL...

I actually have 2 or 3 N95s. They are 3m and are individually wrapped. I bought them during the last pandemic in 2009: Swine Flu. I hardly ever used the box of them, so I donated what I had to a local hospital. However, I didn't know I had put a few aside. Had I known I would have sent them too. Oh well.

Reactions: MoodyBlues
Upvote 0
Today in school, hardly any masks, and no social distancing. And it's been 2 weeks now with school fully open.
Screenshot_20200603_171509.jpg

Class size is 50 students, 7th grade. And if anyone on AF doesn't know, this is my day job.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Today in school, hardly any masks, and no social distancing. And it's been 2 weeks now with school fully open.
View attachment 151164
Class size is 50 students, 7th grade. And if anyone on AF doesn't know, this is my day job.
I'm really shocked by this, @mikedt. Fifty students in a classroom, no masks, and no physical distancing? Has COVID-19 actually disappeared from the area...or what?!

Upvote 0
I'm really shocked by this, @mikedt. Fifty students in a classroom, no masks, and no physical distancing? Has COVID-19 actually disappeared from the area...or what?!

Yes it has AFAIK. The last reported case in Jinan was in April, in the prison apparently. Thing is in China everyone is tracked, no matter where you go. Outside the campus, some are wearing a mask, and certain places like malls and supermarkets, you must wear a mask, and show your ID card and the Covid-19 tracking QR code from your phone, which is run by Tencent and Alibaba.

Not all schools are like this though, I've been talking to a couple of friends in Beijing, and their schools have only just opened this week, masks must be worn, and there are full social distancing enforced on campus.

Last edited:
Reactions: MoodyBlues
Upvote 0
What's the general attitudes there about the virus? Are teacher and parents any more concerned than the students, who don't seem to be?

The attitude seems to be, my child's education has top priority. And the students appear to be very happy to be back in school with their friends and teachers.

Upvote 0
Everyone then must have a phone? Even grade school children?

Minors must be accompanied by a parent or guardian
. And yeh just about every adult here has a smart-phone with Wechat(Tencent) and/or Alipay(Alibaba) installed, because if you haven't, things like supermarkets, shopping malls, public transport, and highways are off-limits.

Although at my school, most students are boarding and live on campus. So tracking them is no problem. Many staff live on campus as well, including me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones