• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Could use some help please..

By no means am i new to android i went from droid to incredible to fascinate and have done everything there is to do on all of em. My issue is my wifes ally is slow and lagging im going to root her phone add overclock kernel and rom to her phone but know nothing of whats out and whats best for ally. Any suggestions and help would greatly be appreciated. I also have a question her phone was rooted months ago and unrooted by a friend of hers the cwm recovery wouldnt go way though i flashed the cwm to stock recovery and it went away but she cant seem to fully recieve an update that keeps trying to come though gets halfway done and restarts any advice here also.. Thanks in advance..

I'm not really sure about the update not coming through. But as for the overclocking and whatnot, I rooted with z4root, I run the Velocity V0.4 ROM, and I use SetCPU. My settings are min-468 and max-600. I didn't overclock at all. I just bumped up the min. speed a little and everything about my phone is very fast and responsive. Hope this helps you out some.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones