• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Covert Wireless Earpiece?

The smallest two standard headsets are the Motorola H9 and the Samsung WEP 500. Of course there are smaller in ear setups that require additional parts like pens, glasses, lanyards, etc. to get them to work, but most of those go for around $150 to $250. I've had the chance to play with a few of them and they work ok, but not great. If that is what you are looking for then you can take a look at these or this.

Reactions: jbdan
Upvote 0
This is random(not thread jacking) but those are awesome! haha never new there were bluetooth things THAT small!

Those are the commercially available models, there are some that are much much smaller out there. There are some out there that are 2 mm, but they aren't readily available to the public and I don't think I would trust any that are.

$(KGrHqVHJ!8E63SLiGFDBO6g8l)LT!~~60_35.JPG

Upvote 0
The smallest two standard headsets are the Motorola H9 and the Samsung WEP 500. Of course there are smaller in ear setups that require additional parts like pens, glasses, lanyards, etc. to get them to work, but most of those go for around $150 to $250. I've had the chance to play with a few of them and they work ok, but not great. If that is what you are looking for then you can take a look at these or this.

Thanks but neither one of those first two are covert at all. I'm looking for something that doesn't stand out in the ear like those. When I said covert I really mean covert.

I have already found something like whats in the last two links that are not bluetooth ( I would rather not have BT so I can also use them with an MP3 player). I was just seeing if anyone else had other ideas.

Lets just say we are not "supposed" to listen to music at a place I go to all the time ;)

Upvote 0
I realise I am likely 2 years late to the party but anyway, for those still looking, this is the place to get a covert earpiece. The myspyearpiece is basically a miniature earpiece that sits inside the ear canal and can receive audio from a phone or mp3 player.

You simply wear a neckloop underneath clothing which in turn connects to the 3.5mm earphone socket of your phone or mp3 player. The neckloop has a built in sensitive microphone which means basically you can then begin a covert phone conversation with another person - or simply use it to listen to music when your not supposed to ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones