• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Cpu monitoring apps question

alpha2k

Android Expert
Nov 19, 2009
I've tried a few, and now have a couple of them I use, one is OS monitor, and other is CPU Gauge.
When I test these against the built in one both OS Monitor and CPU gauge are not reading the same as the built in task manager. I think it's because the built in one is more closely related to the "actual" CPU usage as compared to the app itself. They are fairly close, but I notice the apps seem to have a sorta lag time to them when showing, and that's to be expected.

What I want to do is monitor my CPU usage, so it doesn't have to be an "EXACT" science really, just wanna make sure it's not spikeing alot and not staying at a high level for long periods.

My question though is, do you think it's ok to use the apps as a gauge for what I want to do? since I don't really need an exact readout, more just a scale to watch from.
With what knowledge I do have I say it's ok since I'm not looking for the "exact" info, just a scale to watch.

What do you think

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones