• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

CRACKED Camera Lens

droidmo

Jul 20, 2010
Texas
I didn't find a thread on this issue yet surprisingly as I have found articles pointing to reports of cracked camera lenses when I do a quick Google search.

I just discovered there are 5 hairline cracks coming from a center point on my camera lens. I handed the phone to someone to show it off and as he handed it back to me I noticed the cracks. Phone is in a case and hasn't been dropped yet it looks like I dropped something on the lens. Luckily I can take pictures most of the time, but depending on the lighting it adds crazy glare on the edge of my photos. This is incredibly disappointing. The M8 camera is already behind the pack, doesn't need another handicap.

Anybody else seeing this and if HTC is doing anything about this? Posted one of the articles below.

HTC One M8 camera lens issues: Scratches, cracks & damage out of nowhere - Mobile PC - iTech Post

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones