• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help cracked digitizer

adz63

Android Enthusiast
Jul 29, 2010
Berkshire, England
ok so i cracked my digitizer but the slcd is 100%perfect . i took it to a shop and they said that there are 3 different digitizers for my phone and that they did not have the one i needed .. is it true that only 1 of these will be compatible with my phone .. i know someone who can fix this for me but i have to by the digitizer for him to do it ......

ok i have desire gsm A8181. pvt4 on 3 network. microp 051d. touch panel synw0101. would any of these (link below ) be ok for my phone

shop.ebay.co.uk/i.html?LH_PrefLoc=1&_nkw=htc%20desire%20digitizer&_fln=1&_ssov=1&_trksid=p3286.c0.m282&_mPrRngCbx=1&_udlo=10&_udhi=15]htc

link would not work so had to remove http:// . so its a copy paste job

Pretty sure there is only one type of digitizer for the desire. There are 2 for the HTC Hero, but this is because there is a CDMA version (Sprint I think) which literally has a different shaped digitiser as the phone is a slightly different shape.

The ones in the link are all the same.

to be honest, I bought the replacement Hero Digitizer myself and got them to change it. All of those in that link should be fine.

Maybe take it to a different shop though.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones