• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

htc desire a8181 help needed

hi hadron, hope alls well with you & urs!

devicerecovery.com:
How to connect Android devices to PC with USB Mass Storage Mode

today a kind (like you) guy, took a look at the 'not getting anywhere, with being able to, from the phone ie tap build number 7 times... etc' to be able to tranfer files the easy way!

the chap went as far as he could within work constraints - wish i had the comp know how to get round it.

i feel it probably quite easy but feeling & reality is another thing

apparently its SO well hidden, why do this to people, who pay enough for the phones!

Upvote 0
hi hadron, hope ur well. dont kno how 2020 has been 4 u, but hoping 21, will fare a lot brighter!!. u being my android brain! i was wondering if there is any camera apk that will allow you to add some text in the 'title: img' bit - so u can do it on the phone rather than trying to remember later if at all! i found an app that gives access from the phone, saves taking battery out, putting sd card in adapter...?

i so bless you, im enjoying my new phone as it were - does everything i need

i carry memories, & where my main hand is a problem, had u not been selfless in the amount of help you gave, id have been forced to get a 55" phone - this 1 slips at times much less! so ur a good memory to carry!!

Upvote 0
hi hadron, thanks to your previous help (t y, t y t y!) i got back into phone (im enjoying it) using fastboot devices, fb b c:\...\recovery.img.

i just cant think why, choosing to 'restart mobile service', would send it into a loop - id have press cancel, if i was psychic

as said, last contact, took it back to 31/12/20, after backingup that loop set-up.

if you do a clone on comp, you can explore the image - is there a similar feature with phone back-up

phone is fun & you r as a t-shirt said today 'your are amazing', u SSOOOO helped me, id have still been here trying to work out the mine of help you gave me - i c ppl balancing their huge phones & nearly dropping them often

having to use my not main hand id be in trouble with those big ones

thanks

Upvote 0
hi hadron, my hdd was wipd, NOT ME! well mad. i got a w7pro comp, and seem to have hit stuck with 'minimal adb and fastboot' commands - got the recovery .img put on the desktop

fastboot devices
fastboot boot c:\user\desktop\recovery.img
<waiting for any device> stops....

copied direct:
Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Program Files\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>fastboot devices

C:\Program Files\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>fastboot boot c:\user\desktop\recovery
.img
< waiting for any device >

pls get me on the right track again
thanks

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones