• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
The phone will probably function with cracked screen, unless the digitizer below it gets damaged. I don't have experience with opening the Intercept, but I do with the almost identical Moment. Taking the unit apart is time consiumming because you have to also remove the keyboard. Here's the guide I used. The first time I did it, it was butter.......

Unfortunately, the digitizer I put in had an alignment issue. I received a replacement and swapped it again. The second digitizer was completely dead. The seller realized that he had a bad batch and gave me a refund. the third digitizer bought from another seller for $10 more worked fine. BUT, in replacing the screens and troubleshooting the failed digitizers, I took the phone apart and put it together more than a dozen times. Several connections got wonky, particularly the little coax cable for the antenna that jumps the battery compartment. It was a huge pain in my butt!

As you can see, if the first $27 digitizer had been OK, my experience would have been positive and I would be encouraging you to attempt the repair. OTH, 3 digitizers and ~3 frustrating weeks later, my experience was about as far from good as it could get. At least I did get the phone together and working in time to sell it at a reduced price on ebay! Good Luck!!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones