• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Croatian release 22/07/2009

I tried to get it from Tele2 Croatia. I was ready to pay 400 euros and get
a two-year contract, but in the store they refused to turn on the phone for
me to try out (can you believe the level of customer service we have here?).
This annoyed me, so I got it from Germany via eBay for 350 euros, ohne simlock ;)

Upvote 0
Here's a couple of questions for Galaxy owners from Croatia or thereabouts.

1. Which firmware does Tele2 sell the phone with?
2. Are the menus in Croatian or in English?
3. Did anyone manage to get the phone to show paid apps in the Android Market?
4. Which weather widget is accurate? Mine is showing "partially sunny" for Zagreb, and it's raining here!

Upvote 0
TELE2 Samsung Galaxy purchased 23rd of October

Android 1.5
Baseband version:I7500XXIG8
Kernel: 2.6.27 / hudson@andy #1

Unfortunately it is still impossible to purchase non free apps from Android market.

TELE 2 is offering Samsung Galaxy for (lowest possible price) 1195 kn which around 160 EUR.

Croatian localization (keyboard and dictionaries) would be great even for keyboard there is no problem as alternative keyboards offer additional letters, not for Galaxy but for Android in general.

Layer works surprisingly great (tested in ZG)

Keep this (CRO) community live please ;)

BR (pozdrav),

Jazzerather

Upvote 0
im going to buy this phone,im from cro and im looking for directions how to do root on this phone but all instruction that i have found were in english and i dont understend half of terms that they are using ( or they had too litle pictures :) :))) )..can someone help? i was looking for someone who is doing jailbrake and its good but i didnt find enyone,,im from Rijeka..thanks

Upvote 0
OK, this is really becoming annoying. Still no progress whatsoever.

I want to have a proper PDF reader and the only two I know of aren't free
(RepliGo and BeamReader).

But since one can't buy them (without rooting the phone) one can't properly
use PDF on the Galaxy in Croatia. I'd think that the ability to use common office
formats is one of the major selling points of smartphones.

Upvote 0
I'm sure I've seen a few free PDF readers on Android Market. Not the ones that upload the file to a server for processing, but the proper ones - at least that's what is says in the description.

MobilePDFViewer (alpha)
chart

PDF Viewer
chart

As I recall, Documents To Go also supports basic PDF viewing in free demo version.

Upvote 0
OK, this is really becoming annoying. Still no progress whatsoever.

I want to have a proper PDF reader and the only two I know of aren't free
(RepliGo and BeamReader).

But since one can't buy them (without rooting the phone) one can't properly
use PDF on the Galaxy in Croatia. I'd think that the ability to use common office
formats is one of the major selling points of smartphones.

You can install a modified version of the HTC PDF Reader, you need root access, the instructions are found here: strazzere.com Blog Archive PDFViewer (working) on JF 1.5 and other builds

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones