• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Cruzer Lite Androidified cases

Yeahha

Usually off topic
Jul 29, 2010
So I saw this article on Phandroid and picked up three of these cases last week.

I got the Green, Smoke, and Black. I really like these cases. I was worried they would be lint magnets but that isn't the case. The TPU material is not as stiff as plastic but not as soft as silicone. These cases look and feel better in my hand than the silicone/plastic case I purchased at VZW when I got my phone.

I was worried the green one would be yellow like it looked in the picture on Amazon but it isn't and IMO looks the best but may not be the best from professional situations both the black and smoke would be suitable however. Both the green and smoke are semi-transparent while the black on is not transparent at all. The cases are easy to put on/take off.

For the cost of $20 for 3 they are worth the price (they are still on sale for buy 2 get 1 free). I will try to upload some pics of them if I can find a working camera that isn't my phone ;)

Amazon link

Reactions: quiklives
I love these cases. I have black, teal and clear...I wish I'd gotten white in place of clear, but actually the teal is my favorite - though like you said about the green, it's not exactly subtle, and the black or clear are more appropriate for certain situations.

I use mine with the extended battery from VZW, and they fit great.

Upvote 0
I love these cases. I have black, teal and clear...I wish I'd gotten white in place of clear, but actually the teal is my favorite - though like you said about the green, it's not exactly subtle, and the black or clear are more appropriate for certain situations.

I was tempted to get teal because of ICS being blue based does it match ICS blue well? I may pick up some more :D

Upvote 0

So it fits the extended battery back just fine? Not to snugg or anything??

Upvote 0
i picked up a black one a few days ago.

things i like:
  • cool android on the back :cool:
  • cutouts for volume rocker :D
  • grippy sides :)

things i don't like:
  • the cruzerlite logo on the back (i already paid you, i shouldn't be advertising for you too). :mad:
  • the sides extend slightly further across the front of the device than my other TPU case causing my screen protector to peel up on the edges. :(
  • stock Motorola charger is not compatible. it worked fine with my old unbranded TPU case and works fine with no case, but it will not charge with the the cruzerlite case on. stock Samsung charger has no issues. :thinking:

Upvote 0
So it fits the extended battery back just fine? Not to snugg or anything??

If you're really, really OCD, you'll be able to see that the case wasn't *made* for the extended battery.

But all the cutouts line up, and it looks fine around the edge of the phone. It just took me a couple of tries to pop it on so that it wasn't a tad crooked over the camera opening. Got it on the second or third try.

Upvote 0
Check out the Cases thread for plenty of user experience and more photos if you are unsure about this case. I have 3 that I picked up when they came out and I like them a lot for a simple, cheap, case. I had the Ditztronic case at first since it was one of the only cases to come out when the Nexus was available, but I much prefer the Cruzer Lite over the Ditztronic.

Upvote 0
I'm going to order the orange cruzerlite with all the little androids on the back, not sure what it's called, I hope it looks good. I was thinking of getting a diztronic but I've been swayed.

How well do these protect the phone from an average drop? I'm pretty careful about my phones but every now and then an accident happens.

Upvote 0
The Androidified Cruzer Lite case is simply the best case for a phone I've ever owned. I don't love the guy on the back, but I do love the material he's made of (the matte) and prefer it over the glossier feel on the rest of the back. In any event, for $10, this case is a steal. My only issue is my Samsung OEM charger does not fit all the way in, so it can fall out a bit easier than I care for. That said, it's a minor issue and could be due to using the extended battery (which fits perfectly).

Upvote 0
I'm going to order the orange cruzerlite with all the little androids on the back, not sure what it's called, I hope it looks good. I was thinking of getting a diztronic but I've been swayed.

How well do these protect the phone from an average drop? I'm pretty careful about my phones but every now and then an accident happens.

If it's the one I'm thinking of, it may cover the volume buttons. I have a white/clear one with a pattern of small Andys on it, and it covers the volume buttons. This wasn't precisely a problem, I didn't experience the case pushing the buttons or anything (like some people did with Diztronic cases) but it did seem to make the volume buttons feel less clicky.

You may want to cut it out or something.

Can't comment so much on protection, just keep in mind they're thin, fairly minimal cases.

Upvote 0

there at cutouts for the volume buttons on the androidified cases. I think it would protect against a fall but even in a case I try to avoid drops.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones