• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Custom Boot animation Figured out!

Thanks for helping but I have another question , once you show me how, this will be the method I have to use in every bootanimation.zip?
yes this is the method you will have to use each and everytime. we will get to that once you have got the first one on. i will tell you how to take it off and put a new one on and stuff like that. and no i didnt get the code because my dad was using the computer that has the code on it. so when i get off school i will give it to you then.

Upvote 0
yes this is the method you will have to use each and everytime. we will get to that once you have got the first one on. i will tell you how to take it off and put a new one on and stuff like that. and no i didnt get the code because my dad was using the computer that has the code on it. so when i get off school i will give it to you then.

Okay I will be waiting

Upvote 0
you will put this into the termianl emulator
su
mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system
dd if=/sdcard/bootanimation.zip of=/system/media/bootanimation.zip
reboot

after that tell me what happens.

I copied and paste the whole terminal from "su till mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system dd if=/sdcard/bootanimation.zip of=/system/media/bootanimation.zip" to the terminal and it said permission denied and then I just typed "su and then I paste the remaining terminal and then it said I have to use mount (-o) ect... that's all I could go thru

Upvote 0
I copied and paste the whole terminal from "su till mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system dd if=/sdcard/bootanimation.zip of=/system/media/bootanimation.zip" to the terminal and it said permission denied and then I just typed "su and then I paste the remaining terminal and then it said I have to use mount (-o) ect... that's all I could go thru

Ok well first ofall don't copy/paste it. Btw if you don't know thids is all on phone tou don't use the computer to do it.
Go into TE and put su then hit the littlke enter button/line break button or w/e it is and wait like 3 sec for it to catch up with you. The poot everything in. Once you put the line that is right before the "reboot" wait it should say something about the bytes transferd or something. Then hit revoot it should restart phone and you should have new boot.

Upvote 0
Ok well first ofall don't copy/paste it. Btw if you don't know thids is all on phone tou don't use the computer to do it.
Go into TE and put su then hit the littlke enter button/line break button or w/e it is and wait like 3 sec for it to catch up with you. The poot everything in. Once you put the line that is right before the "reboot" wait it should say something about the bytes transferd or something. Then hit revoot it should restart phone and you should have new boot.

I did as you said, i typed "Su" and i press the button "Enter" and it brought me to another line "#" so i typed everything else "mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2/dv/block/mt block3/system dd if=/sdcard/bootanimation.zip of=/system/media/bootanition.zip" and then i press the button "Enter"the terminal wrote "usage: mount [-r] [-w] [-o options] [-t type] device directory"
and i waited for about a minute or two and it didn't do anything and yes i was doing it from the phone terminal. i'm i doing something wrong?

Upvote 0
piemasta93 said:
you will put this into the termianl emulator
su
mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system
dd if=/sdcard/bootanimation.zip of=/system/media/bootanimation.zip
reboot

Hey, where are you? I have a .zip folder ready to go and I'm not sure how to use Terminal Emulator. I have an HTC Hero, rooted. I'll check back and hope you show up soon, piemasta.:)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones