• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Cut Your Bill In Half !!

TexasBadger

Android Enthusiast
Dec 10, 2010
Dallas Area
I have been with Verizon for more than a decade and kept my Droid Bionic for 3+ years because I didn't want to give up my grandfathered plan. For about $70/month (plus taxes and fees), I got 300 minutes of voice, 250 texts, and unlimited data. But I was not a happy Verizon customer. Inside my house, I barely had 3G and never had 4G. Then Sprint started running all those "Cut Your Bill In Half" commercials on TV. Last Friday, I stopped by the neighborhood Sprint store with a copy of my latest Verizon bill. I left with a new Nexus 6 and a new carrier.

Sprint is giving me unlimited talk, text, and data for just $34.00/month for the life of the phone and maybe beyond. I also will pay them $27.00/month for 24 months for the phone itself. To my surprise, they told me to keep my old Droid Bionic. It has now been converted into a streaming media player for my stereo system.

The Sprint network has greatly improved in the past 12-16 months. I live in a Spark Turbo area, and my measured speeds down and up in 4G LTE range from 20-60 mbps. On my wi-fi network, I get 60 mbps+ both ways. Voice calls also appear to be excellent, at least so far. Bottom line: If you are past contract and month-to-month, like I was, you might want to check out Sprint while the half price deal is still going on.

Life is good! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: excav8ter
This is what Sprint wants to hear, and I enjoy reading these type of stories regarding Sprint. Most of the time I read stories bashing Sprint and their network, in mature Sprint markets where most of the upgrades are complete the difference is like night and day. Sprint has been busy in my area lighting up Band 41 2.5 LTE along with their 800MHz spectrum as well. Enjoy your new Nexus 6 riding on America's newest network!

Reactions: excav8ter
Upvote 0
I ran away from Sprint in the mid-90's to Verizon. I like Verizon, but my love for them has gone down over the last couple years. I moved to an area with no reception so I had to get a network extender that I had to pay for (t-mobile said they would give me one for free). I converted my mom'd land line to a cell under my plan and watched my bill double since making that change. I watch creep up every month and when I review my charges, I see little knit pick charges that they sneak in. I wanted to check in here to see how people feel about Sprint. I liked them when I had them, but they made too many changes to customer service (sent it overseas) and started to get weird billing problems. If all is well, I may come back. It would be a good time right now with Samsung releasing the s6 Edge soon.

Anybody not feeling good about Sprint? Just curious to see if it would impact my choice...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones