• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Cyanogen 6 w/blue best radio

wcooper007

Lurker
Jul 19, 2010
Okay so i am trying to find a good radio for froyo i remember reading somewhere that they recommended a particular radio but i cant find it and the one i have is really bad i stay around -100 at home and i used to have 3 to 4 bars on 2.3.3 but flashed to this rom and it all changed so some help would be greatly appreciated and i have searched this forum and XDA for about a week now and have decided to ask the pro's.

Anyone??

Okay so i am trying to find a good radio for froyo i remember reading somewhere that they recommended a particular radio but i cant find it and the one i have is really bad i stay around -100 at home and i used to have 3 to 4 bars on 2.3.3 but flashed to this rom and it all changed so some help would be greatly appreciated and i have searched this forum and XDA for about a week now and have decided to ask the pro's.

Anyone??

As far as I know the bars in the cm6 will show fewer bars (does not mean much) than stock or fresh. I think a better way to test your signal might be with speedtest app from the market. See what your upload/download speeds are with cm6 and then see what they are with fresh . If they are different, then look into a new radio

Upvote 0
If he is looking at the actual numerical signal strength than that is accurate, what radio are you using?

right now i am using baseband 2.42.01.04.27... and i am using the numbers it goes between -75 which is the best i have ever seen and thats 3 bars all the way to -120 at home which is exactly about 2 miles from where i work..

Now with fresh i was getting full bar and at home 3 to 4 bars and it goes back and forth pretty wild like so i was just curious thanks for the responses guys

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones