• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Cyanogen Mod Stuck on Boot Screen..

I honestly had no idea what I was doing, that being said.. The instructions seemed fail proof, however I was horribly wrong and now I fear my phone won't be able to be used again.. I installed the mod for my LG 35G using the "L3" phone because my friend said it worked on his... Well, now I can't do anything.. I'm guess my touch screen isn't being recognized.. When I plug in the USB it doesn't even recognize my drivers are installed. I just want to get back to factory default operating system.. But I fear, that's impossible and my phone is useless. Any tips, big or small would be appreciated VERY MUCH.

Did you create a backup before installing the ROM? Can you pull the battery and get back into recovery? ROMs are very device specific and if you installed one for a different device, that's likely causing your problems.
Welcome to the forums!
Not quite sure what an LG 35G is so I moved this to the Android Lounge. :)

Omg, thank you for the reply. I am beyond desperate right now.. I'm finally in recovery mode right now, but I tried a factory reset and it did nothing after reboot.. So which option should I chose to get back to my default android OS?

Upvote 0
A factory reset just wipes data. It won't restore the original ROM.

If you have a custom recovery installed, then if you can find a ROM that's built for your phone model, download it and copy it onto the sd card (a card reader is probably the simplest way, though there should be one other option). Once you have the ROM .zip on the card you can install it using recovery.

If you don't have a custom recovery, or can't find a compatible ROM, you'll need to reflash the phone with official software. I don't know how to do that for LG, but hopefully someone will be able to advise.

Basically if you can access the bootloader or recovery it should be fixable. The main thing is to locate software that's compatible with that particular phone.

Upvote 0
A factory reset just wipes data. It won't restore the original ROM.

If you don't have a custom recovery, or can't find a compatible ROM, you'll need to reflash the phone with official software. I don't know how to do that for LG, but hopefully someone will be able to advise.

Basically if you can access the bootloader or recovery it should be fixable. The main thing is to locate software that's compatible with that particular phone.

I got it into recovery and installed an original Gingerbread based rom because I had a jelly bean based rom installed but wifi wouldn't work.. Now I'm stuck on the yellow screen of death that says "Emergency Mode." I can't do anything.. It doesn't recognize usb. It just comes on an goes straight to the yellow screen. I've tried entering recovery still no luck. I'm about to just give up and move on. The phone was quite inexpensive so it's not that big of a loss.

Upvote 0
yeah there is not really a dev community for you phone that i could find......flashing something not made for your device is a great way t brick it unfortunately.....i do not know enough about lg phones to help though.

did you make a nandroid backup? that should have been the first thing to do when you install a custom recovery for times like this. if you had a nandroid backup you could just restore back to a previous point. without a nandroid backup and there are no roms or that is made for your device, i'm not too sure what you can do at this point:(

Reactions: funkylogik and Rush
Upvote 0
yeah there is not really a dev community for you phone that i could find......flashing something not made for your device is a great way t brick it unfortunately.....i do not know enough about lg phones to help though.

did you make a nandroid backup? that should have been the first thing to do when you install a custom recovery for times like this. if you had a nandroid backup you could just restore back to a previous point. without a nandroid backup and there are no roms or that is made for your device, i'm not too sure what you can do at this point:(

Yeah, I agree with you.. The phone is useless. I've already bought a new one off amazon... As for the old LG, I had the rom installed and working, but it wouldn't connect to wifi so I tried installing a new rom which was based off the gingerbread 2.3 and then when it rebooted the yellow screen appeared.. Which some say this could be a virus.. I have no idea though.. But I got a new Verizon phone that's quite popular, but I'll leave the rom flashing to the knowledgeable.. Haha... But I appreciate all the help.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones