• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root CyanogenMod-6 RC2 Released today.

???

Let's just review, not b/c I think you didn't so something you should have, but simply b/c I hope you didn't simply so that you can get better performance.

Before you flashed RC2, you did full wipe and wiped Dalvik? You upgraded to latest radio.. 2.15.00.07.28, you wiped again, you flashed RC2 then flashed new Gapps package?

You are using Amon Ra Recovery?
You disabled Google Talk?

Did you flash a Snap kernel of any kind?

Oh, also I am using Set CPU and that may have a major affect in my performance vs yours.

Set CPU setting:

Max: 1113600
Min: 128000
ON Demand - Set on Boot

Profiles:
Temp>50C : MAX/MIN: 128 (Priority 100) POWERSAVE
Screen Off: MAX/MIN: 245 (priority 97) POWERSAVE
Battery < 25%: Max: 499 Min: 245 (Priority 85) CONSERVATIVE
Chaging/Full: Max: 1113 Min: 768 (Priority 80) INTERACTIVE

What version of Snap kernel are you running man? I have no issue flashing roms and such but kernels make me nervous. Also, in what order did you do everything? I'm already running the latest radio.

Wipe>Flash Kernel>Flash ROM>Flash Gapps?

Appreciated.

Upvote 0
What version of Snap kernel are you running man? I have no issue flashing roms and such but kernels make me nervous. Also, in what order did you do everything? I'm already running the latest radio.

Wipe>Flash Kernel>Flash ROM>Flash Gapps?

Appreciated.

I am not running a snap this time, using the standard RC2 Kernel.

But, I believe the process is to apply radio, Wipe, apply Rom, apply Gapps, Wipe, apply kernel.

Upvote 0
Has anyone been able to successfully pair CM6 BT with their car(s)? The laws here make hands free driving a must have, and headsets will still get you a ticket. I really like CM6. The only place 4g works around me is at BB and the Sprint store (what a scam), and I can live without HDMI out, but through around the 8/13 nightlies, BT pairing has been a no-go for me, which takes it out of contention as my daily ROM. Fresh, BakedSnack, DC35 all pair up fine. CM6, no can do (yet).

Upvote 0
Dunno if anyone else is having this problem, but last night I flashed RC2, then tried to restore using Titanium Backup (coming from Baked Snack) and it rebooted immediately. Some experimentation allowed me to restore my settings, at least partially, but restoring apps caused a reboot before it even starts. I think it's some of the Sense apps, but I tried to restore just market ones and it still rebooted... Any ideas? Or do I have to completely rebuild my stash of Apps and settings if I switch to CM?

Upvote 0
Did u flashed gapps?

Aye. I took a step back and took a long hard look at my situation. I took my 16GB microSD out, stuck in in the system (my computer) and formatted it completely. Put it back in, wiped everything on the phone and flashed CM6. Booted into in. Rebooted into recovery and then flashed Gapps. Everything seems on the up and up now, so. I still want to flash the Snapv7.1 kernel but I have a feeling that'll screw me up again. I'll nandroid and give it a shot.

Upvote 0
Aye. I took a step back and took a long hard look at my situation. I took my 16GB microSD out, stuck in in the system (my computer) and formatted it completely. Put it back in, wiped everything on the phone and flashed CM6. Booted into in. Rebooted into recovery and then flashed Gapps. Everything seems on the up and up now, so. I still want to flash the Snapv7.1 kernel but I have a feeling that'll screw me up again. I'll nandroid and give it a shot.

Why not Flash 7.3beta1 instead.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones