• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

CyanogenMod on post E911 Dream

Yes i did install the 3 files and everything worked fine for two days, except facebook app that kept force closing... just this morning i wanted to use google maps and the shortcut told me it wasn't installed :thinking: Reboot got stuck on ROGERS logo (is that supposed to still be there?) Any way i flashed it again just now and it booted fine, i have to reinstall everything.. I'm curious about one of the steps in doing the flash wich i did'nt do (see my previous posts) the fastboot part did'nt seem to work so i did the system wipe from the phone menu. Good thing i got the magic, i can still use it. I will wait a bit before updating that one.

thx for caring :)

Upvote 0
Yes i did install the 3 files and everything worked fine for two days, except facebook app that kept force closing... just this morning i wanted to use google maps and the shortcut told me it wasn't installed :thinking: Reboot got stuck on ROGERS logo (is that supposed to still be there?) Any way i flashed it again just now and it booted fine, i have to reinstall everything.. I'm curious about one of the steps in doing the flash wich i did'nt do (see my previous posts) the fastboot part did'nt seem to work so i did the system wipe from the phone menu. Good thing i got the magic, i can still use it. I will wait a bit before updating that one.

thx for caring :)

The Facebook app was updated yesterday to accommodate issues with battery drains. I'm not sure if that affected it.

Upvote 0
i did say that. [...][text][...]despite this, i wouldn't go back to 1.5. ever.

Alright well thanks for that, I'll try it on my secondary dream just to see what goes down

Well, I may [...][instructions][...] this issue.

thanks for that, Ima try it aswell

Also I think I read that there's a stable version of 2.1, and a testing version of 2.2? If that's right which one would be the most recommended between the two, and what kinda bugs would one encounter with the 2.2, if any?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones