• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

D Day for Opening Day Buyers!

Can i trade in all the idiots that don't know how to use the phone? Just Asking??????

I'll take all those people, and trade you the ones that don't know how to use the "search this forum feature" and/or "google".

:p

I got my Droid a little over a week after launch, and took it back after a week for a replacement for reception issues. Took replacement back a week later for same. I'm waiting for first update to drop to see if it resolves, but in the mean time, I'll be ordering a Milestone...getting more worried now that people are reporting more/different hardware related issues however.

Upvote 0
I bought my Droid on Nov. 6 and haven't had hardly any problems. A few of the apps that I downloaded seemed to make the phone lockup once in a while but I only download a few at a time so it is easy to see which ones are causing problems. I couldn't sync my company calendar to the phone but TouchDown cured that. I came from a BB 8830 which I hated, it was only good for making calls and viewing email and calendar. The screen was just too small to view word docs and excel spreadsheets. I use Docs to go and can view, edit, and create new docs which is great. This phone is almost like having my laptop with me. The BB browser was really bad, but the droids is great. I spend a lot of time on this phone and the battery is lasting a full day. I really can't find anything wrong with my Droid and I'll be keeping it.

I appreciate this forum and all the people who have posted on it. I have been reading this forum since October and have found answers to all of my questions without having to post. Thanks to everyone. I love my Droid!:D

Upvote 0
I appreciate this forum and all the people who have posted on it. I have been reading this forum since October and have found answers to all of my questions without having to post. Thanks to everyone. I love my Droid!:D
there has been a ridiculous amount of knowledge crammed in here, in a short time! i've learned a ton here.

Upvote 0
I didn't get my Droid until November 25th (bought the Eris first, but exchanged it on the 25th) at Best Buy. I was a bit nervous they wouldn't do the exchange since I had put scratch on the Eris. It was the BB Mobile Manager, and he barely looked at the phone at all while doing the exchange. No questions asked. I am loving this phone and will not be returning it (save, for an exchange/replacement if any hardware issues crop up)...

And yeah, this forum has been great, and will continue to be. For my prior phone questions (granted, they where all dumb phones), I would have to search Google, sometimes for hours to find the answers I needed. With my Droid, I really only ever come here. I have searched Google for Droid related things, but that was only so I could try to help other users of the forum...heh

Upvote 0
It will be interesting to see how aggressive Google is with OS updates, adding things like sense ui type improvements. Considering what they have done in the past year we have the potential to see a lot of improvement. These guys do not mess around. Not like Microsoft, they have been working on WinMo7 for about two years now and still have at least a year to go (just don't get it)!

Google/Motorola won't ever release SenseUI for the Droid, that's an HTC creation, for HTC phones only. It would be nice on the Droid, but after owning the Sprint HTC Hero for about a month and switching to the Droid, the default Android Home screens work just fine for me.

I believe updates will come from Motorola, since they will have to add drivers to any Android updates that Google releases in order for the firmware to work properly. I hope Motorola is good with updates, because the Droid needs a couple software issues fixed (Yahoo glitches, Camera glitch, etc)

Upvote 0
Showed up to the store on November 6 at 7:15 am... no line... about 5 people IN the store. Only 1 person ahead of me in the queue... I've had no real issues with my Droid, so there was no chance I would be returning mine... but I kinda figured that out after the 2nd week of playing around with it :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones