• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Damageless ROM?!

Well I finally broke down and flashed this earlier. Everything seems to work really well except that haptic feedback refuses to shut off. I've even tried reflashing the ROM over itself in hopes it would clear it up, but no dice.

Going to roll with it anyway for the next few days provided haptic doesn't drive me nuts lol

Edit: used word dictionary doesn't seem to want to save my words either. Oh well.

Upvote 0
Well I finally broke down and flashed this earlier. Everything seems to work really well except that haptic feedback refuses to shut off. I've even tried reflashing the ROM over itself in hopes it would clear it up, but no dice.

Going to roll with it anyway for the next few days provided haptic doesn't drive me nuts lol

Edit: used word dictionary doesn't seem to want to save my words either. Oh well.

which one did you flash? the Expresso version?

i turned off haptic feedback though..

Upvote 0
yes pretty much the same as 1.5 ..lol

ok, just wanted to make sure. Last ROM I tried signing into facebook on, it added all of my damn friends from facebook to my contacts...which I was NOT happy about lol.

That, and I couldn't remember if this ROM had it in or not...way too many updates in way too short of time lol

Upvote 0
so does handcent work on this rom sending just text msgs cause when i used fresh's rom handcent barely worked for me and i really want to use a 2.1 rom but if im gonna have problems with texting then imma stay at 1.5 for now until things get ironed out.

handcent works just fine for sending texts (or at least it did on Fresh 2.0b, haven't tried on this ROM...but it should), but doesn't work for sending MMS at this point. Chomp and the stock program apparently work for sending MMS and SMS

Upvote 0
Is this the order of install?

Damage ROM (Build: 3/10/2010 2:04 PM)
4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download DamageControlv0.9999.zip

MMS Fix: (special thanks to gbhil) - Sprint
http://damageless.kingspond.com/signed-mms-fix.zip

RADIO UPDATE
Download: Radio Baseband 2.41.04.02.03 for Sprint CDMA Hero Geek For Me – Android CDMA Sprint Hero

My only apprehension with installing this ROM and radio is this thread here:
Bricked cdma htc hero after ruu 1.56 Semi Solution - xda-developers

Seems like the radio fix is permanent? I have read all those pages in that Damage and been trying to keep up on other threads along with working...lol..so sorry if I messed something up with my concerns.. :D

Upvote 0
The radio fix isn't necessarily permanent, I've seen people that have flashed back, it just seems to be a bit of an iffy process. Some people have apparently bricked, others haven't. The one guy had gone back and forth 10 times, just to see if he could...I haven't tried it. I'm not sure the radio update is worth it anyway. Some people it helped, some it didn't. Didn't help me one bit, signal wise...not sure on battery life.

Otherwise, yes, you've got the right order. Just make a backup before anything, then make sure you wipe before flashing the ROM. Reboot after flashing the ROM, just to clear up any errors (seems to be a good idea after flashing ANY new ROM).

Reactions: g0tr00t
Upvote 0
the ROM?

Did you wipe first? Then flash the ROM, then reboot, let it load, then reboot again.

you're quite likely to get a sign in error from one of your mail apps...doesn't appear to be a quick fix for that, yet.

Yes, I did exactly that. I am downloading the ROM from a different place to make sure that one wasn't corrupt. It boots to the lock screen and when I slide it down, all I get are force closes.

Upvote 0
Yes, I did exactly that. I am downloading the ROM from a different place to make sure that one wasn't corrupt. It boots to the lock screen and when I slide it down, all I get are force closes.

yeah, just try that. Re-wipe and re-flash the ROM when you get the new one downloaded.

Sometimes a flash of a ROM will get corrupted slightly

Upvote 0
Has anyone figured out how to get facebook to not sync every single contact into the phonebook? I know you can hide them in people, but everyone still shows up in my phone dialer and when I'm entering texts and emails. I don't want half those people in my phone!!

Mine haven't even synced...even though I've signed into facebook and manually done the sync. They don't show up in the people app at all...weird

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones