• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Darktremor Apps2SD Installation....

RunVert

Jan 28, 2011
Fort Collins, Colorado
When installing Darktremor Apps2SD , one of the first steps is to select "partition sdcard" from recovery menu, then after that it asks me the
"ext size"
with options of either 128M,256M, 512M, and 1024M.
Which one do I choose?

then after that step it asks me the "swap size"
with option of 0M,32M,64M,128M and 256M.
Which one of these do I choose?

what exactly do these numbers mean?

thanks!

This will wipe your sd card btw so back it up if it isnt... for swap size default is fine, like 32 i think. For ext people usually pick something between 512 and 1024 depends on how many apps you have or plan on having and if you run dalvik from sd card...i chose 7something...its more than i need lol, think i actually only use like 128 out of my 720.

Upvote 0
When installing Darktremor Apps2SD , one of the first steps is to select "partition sdcard" from recovery menu, then after that it asks me the
"ext size"
with options of either 128M,256M, 512M, and 1024M.
Which one do I choose?

then after that step it asks me the "swap size"
with option of 0M,32M,64M,128M and 256M.
Which one of these do I choose?

what exactly do these numbers mean?

thanks!

Oh sorry, what those numbers mean...well ext is the size of the partition you are setting aside on your sd card, a2sd will move your apps here and run them from here using a symlink, the system wont know they moved (tricky shit). The largest portion of your sd card is fat32 where most everything else is. The swap im a little blurry on but from what i gather its really only used if you are running low on memory...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones