Data Counter Widget problem

Last Updated:

1. Crashtack

Crashtack New Member This Topic's Starter

Does anyone have Data Counter Widget working on their Captivate? I installed it about 12 hours ago and it hasn't recorded any data usage yet. As far as I can tell it's set up properly. Am i missing something?

Attached Files:

Advertisement
  2. sremick

sremick Well-Known Member

Are you on Wifi?

The widget seems to only count going forward from when you installed it. If you're on wifi, there's not been any 3G/Edge data to count.

3. Crashtack

I have been on both Wifi and 3g since installing. Still no data tracking since install.

Has anyone out there tried this widget with success?

4. beertha

beertha Active Member

That widget sucks, I had it installed too. 3g Watchdog is what you need and is free.

5. Clovis

Clovis Member

down load 3Gwatchdog from the market. It has been working really well for me. Like 3 1/2 songs from pandora were showing almost 7mb. It's a pretty cool widget, you make some choices to configure it, quite easy. you can use the widget or taskbar, or both like me.:)

6. blazeplacid

blazeplacid Well-Known Member

are you on at&t?

go to your contacts on your phone and there is a number you can call "at&t data" or something similar, it will give you an up to the minute count of MB used

7. MarcMaiden

MarcMaiden Well-Known Member

i would only worry about data usage if you are on the $15/200mb plan. Most people do not realize 2gb of data is way more than enough. I thought I used a lot of date but i only used close to 1gb on my Aria last month

Edit: AT&T also sends you free text messages when you are at 60%, 90%, and 100% usage

Edit one more time: AT&T does also have a "my wireless" app which allows you to view your account from your phone

and just as an idea, for this bill cycle (15 days into the cycle) I have used 548mb of data, so if I keep using as much data as I do (and I work at AT&T so I use my phone a lot) ill only hit a little more than 1gb

8. Crashtack

Thanks for the suggestions. I have installed 3d Watchdog and it seems to work well.

9. hoodtrix

hoodtrix Well-Known Member

just down loading 3g watch dog, but i cant seem to find out how to change the DATE, my cycle is the 28th but it started count down from today