• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Data leakage from Android OS

shadowvfx

Lurker
Jun 4, 2012
Recently my data monitor has shown the Android OS taking up many times what it used to. Up until about a month ago, it would use an average of 3-5 MB a month. Now it's using almost 2 MB a day! This might not sound like much, but I don't have a large data plan and this is eating almost 40% of my data plan usage, and I don't even know what it's doing.

My monitoring program shows the uses of ALL my apps that I could possibly think of and I don't know what the OS could be doing that is making it siphon my data like it does. I've disabled account backups and such, but it still seems to be leaking data somehow.

Do any of you have suggestions?

hmm i'm using onavo too. Dont see any leakage. Try to reinstall onavo. Set your data plan again( what's left of it) and monitor. I'm sure it's one of your application that you're not aware of.

Onavo shows me exact data usage KB to KB. And you have to set your billing cycle a day before. If for example your billing cycle ends on 25th you should set it Reset at: 24th of every month.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones