• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Data plan symbol has disappeared from the notification panel of my Moto G 1st Gen

Ianh3

Lurker
Feb 13, 2015
Hi, Lately I have noticed that I am unable to see the data plan symbol sending/receiving packets that used to appear as H or H+ or 3G although I am able to browse and do other activities which require the internet. My data plan is on and everything is working fine but the main issue is not knowing whether I have lost signal in particular area. Is this some kind of a bug? I have restarted the phone several times but issue still persists. What do y'all guys recommend doing to fix this issue?
jtups0.png

Hey thanks for the quick reply, When I go to access point names in my network carrier (Reliance) I have the option to edit these two access point names: Reliance Internet (40515) rcomnet, Reliance MMS (40515) rcommms. If I enter any 1 of them I am provided with a lot of options like Name: Reliance Internet (40515), APN: rcomnet, Proxy: Not set, Port: not set.... etc, etc do I have to edit anything in here? Or If you are telling me to create a new access point name then could you kindly provide a walkthourgh for the same?

Upvote 0
Hi, I actually managed to get the signal symbol back by interchanging the sim card slots. Had damaged one slot where the sim was stuck had to change the sim card tray, did incur some cost on that but issue has now been resolved. Others facing similar issue too can try interchanging the sim cards slot to fix the issue, worked for me.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones