• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Data toggle issue with Oxygen ROM

I am using an HTC Desire (of course) running the Oxygen 2.1.4 ROM, Gingerbread 2.3.4 and have not found a good solution for toggling my data connection on and off.

I have seen a lot of solutions and am currently using the Extended Controls app but all of these require the data to be on at all times and all they basically do is rename or add something to the APN to break the connection, almost like playing monkey in the middle.

I find though that my battery seems to be draining a touch faster because of this, also when I turn the phone off and back on I have to go into the toggle button settings and just run through them again. I don't even change anything I just have to run through them again to make the toggle work.

I miss the old "Hold down the power button and turn data on or off" function. Has anyone found a better solution than the monkey in the middle style? Anything that actually turns the connection on and off?

I probably don't understand the issue, but what's wrong to pull the notification bar down and push the "Mobile Data" toggle button to switch it on/off?
This effectively shuts down the mobile connectivity, and is present also in many other ROMs.

Alternatively, you can use Widgetsoid: it will do the same thing via a widget toggle button.

Upvote 0
I probably don't understand the issue, but what's wrong to pull the notification bar down and push the "Mobile Data" toggle button to switch it on/off?
This effectively shuts down the mobile connectivity, and is present also in many other ROMs.

Alternatively, you can use Widgetsoid: it will do the same thing via a widget toggle button.

I wish it was that easy but I don't know why it's not in this Oxygen ROM for me but when I pull my notification bar down, there is nothing there to select.

*Edit: Wait you are using 2.1.6, unless they updated that feature since 2.1.4 I will flash the new one tonight, hopefully it also fixes the touch screen initial delay I seem to be having, sometimes the screen doesn't slide on first swipe, you have to go over it again, but that only happens sometimes not always.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones