• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Data Tracker

It says "unlimited" because it is unlimited, just that it has a cap. The usage limit still shows for me below, even though it appears my usage isn't being tracked (my usage shows 0.0)

I trust that it will show usage in the future. Although there could be a few reasons, my guess is the software that VM is going to use to track both 3G and 4G usage is still in development and so they won't track users (at least the Evo users) until the software is implemented.

I use 3G Watchdog on my phone to track my usage. It allows you to select WiMax to be included in your usage totals.

Upvote 0
Supposedly a couple of users have already exceeded 4 gigs and still have full 4G speed.

I was just told by a rep in Executive Escalations that my 3G will supposedly be throttled after 2.5 Gb of combined data, however my 4G will remain full speed. I was talking to them about monies still owed to me from my triumph days and decided to try and get a straight answer from the higher ups. We shall see.

Upvote 0
Thanks OverByter... This whole "does 4G get throttled?" issue has been ridiculously confusing and vague. Why won't people post whether they have been getting throttled or not on 4G?

But here's my main question and concern: If it's true that VM will not be throttling 4G, they why aren't they advertising it? Wouldn't that attract a significant amount of people to the EVO V 4G? Or perhaps they are afraid of overuse on WIMAX?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones